INSEAD Gender Diversity Programme is an online programme that requires you to work on multiple levels. Delivered over 5 weeks, the programme has three modules that together enable you to build an integrated plan for achieving gender balance in your organisation.
Driving gender balance in an organisation requires a customised business case that can align even the strongest of skeptics.
- Learn the social and moral case for gender balance
- Understand the potential impact of diversity on performance in teams and organisations
- Learn the importance of gender balance in different industries such as professional services and consumer & product-based firms
- Understand the importance of gender balance in winning the war for talent
Organisations are awash with myths about why fewer women than men reach senior leadership levels. It is vital to develop an understanding of the real challenges women face and how these manifest in your context.
- Explore the range of organisational structures and processes that can unintentionally hold women back
- Recognise the behavioural norms that subtly block women’s progress on a day-to-day basis
- Understand the issues women encounter when there are few women in leadership roles in their organisation
- Develop a nuanced understanding of bias
To achieve gender balance, organisations need a concrete, coordinated plan of action that involves interventions at multiple levels, supporting and reinforcing each other.
- Learn the broad range of interventions that can be implemented to drive gender balance, and the science behind what works and what doesn’t
- Explore the interventions you can immediately implement at the interpersonal level
- Discover organisational solutions that are most powerful when implemented behind the scenes
- Understand the suite of visible organisational solutions that together will drive gender balance
- Design and test an implementation strategy for your organisation
Your Online Learning Journey
Throughout the programme, an INSEAD Learning Coach will be guiding you and helping you maximise the impact of your learning journey.
*Please note the programme may include a pause week(s).
Action Learning Project
The Action Learning Project (ALP) will give you the opportunity to practise applying your learning to your own context. Working with the learning coach, you will design an ALP that is aligned with your organisation and your personal learning objectives.
The ALP involves using the tools and frameworks learnt throughout the programme to build an integrative plan to enable gender balance in your organisation. This will include three steps that align with the three modules of the programme:
1. Build a business case for gender balance tailored to your organisation
2. Conduct an organisational diagnosis to scope out the key blockers to gender balance in your context
3. Build and test an integrated strategy to drive gender balance in your organisation
Depending on your scope of responsibility, the integrated strategy may focus more on the interpersonal or organisational levels of analysis. For those attending the programme with a group of colleagues from the same organisation, the learning coach can help you structure a more ambitious team ALP to collaborate and work on together.
There are three phases to the ALP process: First, you will agree on the scope of your ALP with the learning coach, to make sure it aligns with the learning objectives of the programme and culminates in a concrete end goal. Second, in each of the content weeks, you will apply the tools and concepts from that week to your ALP. Third, at the end of the content weeks, you will synthesise elements from your weekly submissions to propose a concrete action plan including strategic recommendations for your organisation, and submit it for peer review. In the final week of the programme, the peer review will take place, where every participant will review 2 to 4 other submissions and provide peer feedback. The final ALP and peer review process normally takes between 10-12 days after the programme content finishes.
To complete the Action Learning Project you will need to perform a diagnosis on the challenges women face in your organisation and use data from your organisation to analyse the current level of gender balance and identify targets for its improvement.
Typical Week on an INSEAD Online Programme
Each week of content follows a very clear path to facilitate learning for busy executives. The platform allows participants to learn at their own pace during each week, by viewing the content, completing assignments and engaging in discussions, taking on average 4-6 hours per week to complete.
*This is the recommended number of hours per week however please note that working on the Action Learning Project (ALP) may require up to two additional hours/week.