INSEAD’s Strategic Marketing Programme is a highly practical programme organised around the marketing process with a core focus on designing and executing a marketing plan. Using contemporary case studies and the INSEAD-developed DiG (Discovery, Innovation and Growth) simulation, you will gain hands-on experience of marketing in an international context – with learning to take back to your organisation for immediate and lasting impact.
Regardless of your business background or experience in marketing, this programme will equip you with a thorough understanding of marketing strategy and how to make the best use of all the elements of the marketing mix to deliver successful marketing plans in an international context. Topics covered include the following.
- Choosing where and how to compete
- Foundations of marketing and application to your industry
- Strategic importance of branding, targeting and positioning
- Behavioural economics, consumer psychology and the key principles of consumer and managerial decision-making
The marketing mix
- Translating strategy into action
- Role of new media, including risks and opportunities
- Methodology to analyse your brand identity and evaluate its consistency
- Role of market research in developing strategies
- Importance of managing the product line and sales funnel to adjust to local needs
- Allocation of resources to different elements of the marketing mix
Turn Learning into Practice
with the DiG Simulation
During the programme you will have plenty of opportunity, through the case study method and through the DiG (Discovery, Innovation and Growth) simulation, to experiment with turning theory into practice – so that you return to your role with immediately actionable tools, skills and confidence. The DiG simulation will enable you to:
- Fine-tune your own understanding of the knowledge you have acquired, taking you out of your comfort zone but in a safe and risk-free environment
- Develop leadership skills for customer-centricity, innovation, sustained growth and team performance
- Gain a clear view of the whole marketing process from customer insights to innovation, marketing deployment and value creation.