Leading Change in an Age of Digital Transformation is designed to enhance the critical competencies needed to lead this unique challenge. Specifically, the programme elevates your leadership capabilities in seven key areas:
- Conceptualising the process
- Igniting and initiating change
- Diagnosing resistance
- Sequencing and linking change actions over time
- Motivating and inspiring others
- Formulating supportive coalitions
- Sustaining change and making it stick.
For each phase of change, we examine the following specific and critical questions:
Phase 1: Initial Ignition
- Why are digital threats and opportunities so hard for some constituent groups or key individuals to see?
- How can you help people visualise and emotionally connect to the threats and opportunities of digital disruption?
- What are the most common ignition pitfalls and why do smart people fall into them?
- How can you avoid them?
Phase 2: Lift-off and Launch
- Who do you need as early adopters and how do you secure their engagement?
- How can you motivate the “majority in the middle” to embrace your digital transformation?
- Which resisters should you ignore and which should you tackle?
- After lift-off, how do you throttle up the enthusiasm to gain momentum in the launch phase?
Phase 3: Sustained Success
- Why do transformations that achieve successful lift-off and launch fail to reach “escape velocity” and fall back to earth?
- How can you build a sustaining coalition?
- How can you reenergise yourself and others once the excitement of lift-off peters out?
- At what point can you throttle back and leverage the momentum you’ve generated?
The Live Case Application Approach
You will explore company case studies that illustrate and illuminate core concepts and tools, and apply the concepts and tools to your own “live case” in real time over the course of the programme.
You will walk away with a detailed change plan and have concrete answers to the following critical questions:
- What are my personal strengths and potential pitfalls in leading digital change?
- What actions do I need to take to ensure I’m prepared to lead the change?
- How do I plan to achieve effective initial ignition?
- Who do I need to enlist from the outset?
- Where do I anticipate resistance to come from and how do I plan to overcome it?
- How do I plan to motivate the “majority in the middle”?
- What pitfalls do I think are most relevant for my digital transformation and how do I plan to sidestep them?
- How do I plan to keep myself energised along the way?
- How do I plan to sustain the success and ensure that the transformation sticks?