The Management Acceleration Programme curriculum is designed to serve three aims: strengthening your leadership foundations; sharpening your strategic insight; and broadening your business expertise. It provides you with the perspectives and tools to understand and to manage all aspects of a business in such a way as to create value. Content-driven session streams alternate with experiential opportunities designed to make the learning personal and integrate it into a coherent, actionable whole. Furthermore, our optional follow-up virtual coaching sessions maximise participants’ ongoing learning and development in the months following their return to the workplace – thereby leveraging their own and their organisations’ investment in the programme.
Examine how, why, and on whose behalf you lead in your work. Acquire the skills to lead and work within diverse teams and across functions and cultures. Topics covered include:
- Developing your own and others' leadership talent
- Giving and receiving effective feedback
- Understanding, motivating and communicating within teams
- Exercising influence without formal authority
- Harnessing organisational culture and managing across cultures
- Leading organisational change.
Grasp the essence of strategic analysis, including how to compete as a single company within a single industry and how to build and manage a portfolio of businesses. Topics covered include:
- Analysis by industry, market and competition
- Developing and sustaining competitive advantage
- Changing the rules of the game – Blue Ocean Strategy
- Strategic resources and alliances
- Corporate expansion, mergers and acquisitions.
Embark on a learning journey through all parts of a business that create, capture and deliver value. Gain a broad perspective on business and of each fundamental area. Topics covered include:
- The key types of financial statements and their use for strategic decision-making
- Management accounting systems and the tools to identify relevant information
- Making structured marketing decisions in situations that initially seem totally unstructured
- The challenges to value creation in a supply network and co-ordinating initiatives for value capture.
join a community of insead alumni
optional follow-up coaching for learning enhancement
Just as the programme preparation is designed to maximise participants’ learning while on campus, so our follow-up virtual coaching sessions are designed to maximise participants’ ongoing learning and development in the months following their return to the workplace – thereby leveraging their own and their organisation's investment in the programme.
Included in the programme fee is one follow-up coaching session. We also offer an additional five virtual follow-up sessions, not included in the tuition fee. The sessions each last one hour and are conducted over the telephone and/or internet telecoms. They are entirely confidential. To be eligible, participants must have attended the programme in the past 12 months.