Phone: +33 1 60 72 44 32
Corporate Finance, Share Repurchase, Death Spirals, IPOs, Call Option Enhanced Reverse Convertible (COERC)
Corporate Financial Policy (MBA), Applied Corporate Finance (MBA), Corporate Financial Strategy (Executive Education)
Theo Vermaelen is a Professor of Finance, the UBS Chair in Investment Banking, endowed in honour of Henry Grunfeld, and and the chair of the Finance Area at INSEAD. He teaches in the MBA, PhD and Executive Education programmes and is an Academic Director of the Advanced International Corporate Finance programme. He is a graduate from the Department of Applied Economics at the Catholic University of Leuven (Commercial Engineer) and obtained his MBA and PhD in Finance from the Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
Professor Vermaelen has taught at the University of British Columbia, the Catholic University of Leuven, the London Business School, UCLA and the University of Chicago. He has published articles on corporate finance and investments in leading academic journals including the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Financial Economics, and the Journal of Banking and Finance. He serves as a co-editor of the Journal of Empirical Finance, an associate editor of the Journal of Corporate Finance and the European Financial Review, and an advisory editor of Teaching and Case Abstracts.
Professor Vermaelen is a consultant to various corporations and government agencies and a Programme Director of the Amsterdam Institute of Finance.
- Case Studies - The KBC Buyback Fund: Beating the Market with Buybacks
- Journal Articles - Mimicking Repurchases - Journal of Financial Economics
- Books - Share Repurchases - Now Publishers
- Journal Articles - The Many Facets of Privately Negotiated Share Repurchases - Journal of Financial Economics
- Journal Articles - Death Spiral Convertibles - Journal of Financial Economics
- Journal Articles - Post-IPO Capital Expenditures and Market Feedback - Journal of Banking and Finance
- Case Studies - Log On America
- Journal Articles - Regulation, Taxes and Share Repurchases in the UK - Journal of Business