Phone: +33 1 60 72 44 32
Corporate Finance, Share Repurchase, Death Spirals, IPOs, Call Option Enhanced Reverse Convertible (COERC)
Corporate Financial Policy (MBA), Applied Corporate Finance (MBA), Corporate Financial Strategy (EDP)
Theo Vermaelen is Professor of Finance at INSEAD where he teaches in MBA, PhD and Executive programmes, directing the Advanced International Corporate Finance programme. He is a graduate from the Department of Applied Economics at the Catholic University of Leuven (Commercial Engineer) and obtained an MBA and PhD in Finance from the Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
Dr. Vermaelen has taught at the University of British Columbia, the Catholic University of Leuven, The London Business School, UCLA and the University of Chicago. He has published several articles on corporate finance and investments in leading academic journals, including the Journal of Finance, the Journal of Financial Economics and the Journal of Banking and Finance. He is co-editor of the Journal of Empirical Finance, associate editor of the Journal of Corporate Finance and the European Financial Review and advisory editor of Teaching and Case Abstracts. He is also a consultant to various corporations and government agencies and Programme Director of the Amsterdam Institute of Finance.''
- CASE STUDIES - The KBC Buyback Fund: Beating the Market with Buybacks
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Mimicking Repurchases - Journal of Financial Economics
- BOOKS - Share Repurchases
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - The Many Facets of Privately Negotiated Share Repurchases - Journal of Financial Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Death Spiral Convertibles - Journal of Financial Economics
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Post-IPO Capital Expenditures and Market Feedback - Journal of Banking and Finance
- CASE STUDIES - Log On America
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Regulation, Taxes and Share Repurchases in the UK - Journal of Business