Phone: 971 2 651 5339
Campus: Abu Dhabi
The Ecology of Industry Emergence, Business Models for the Base of the Pyramid, The Institutions of Global Financial Integration, Private Equity in Emerging Markets
Winning in Emerging Markets, Media and Internet, Entrepreneurial Field Studies, Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Stephen J. Mezias’ current research focuses on cognitive and social aspects of institutional processes, especially as they relate to legal environments, the emergence of new industries, the production of culture, organizational learning processes, and cultural differences and similarities in performance evaluation. He is an active leader at the Academy of Management, where he has served as both Division Chair and representative-at-large for two divisions. He is and a current member of the editorial boards of Organization Science and Strategic Management Journal; he has previously served as an Associate Editor at Management Science, and on the editorial boards of the Journal of Management and Administrative Science Quarterly; he is also an ad-hoc reviewer for numerous journals. His publications have appeared in or are forthcoming in Management Science, Organization Science, Administrative Science Quarterly, Strategic Management Journal, as well as numerous other journals.
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Situated Learning and Brokerage as Keys to Successful Knowledge production: An Experiential Review - Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Country Level Corruption as a Liability of Foreigness: Effects in Staffing, Incentives and Activities - Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Storming Legitimacy Barriers: Capacities for Social Action, Attention, and Favorability During the Emergence of the American Film Industry, 1894-1927
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Walking the Walk as well as Talking the Talk: Replication and the Normal Science Paradigm in Strategic Management Research - Strategic Organization
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Blind Trust: Market Control, legal Environments, and the Dynamics of Competitive Intensity in the Early American Film Industry - Administrative Science Quarterly
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Adaptive Aspirations in an American Financial Services Organization: A Field Study - Management Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - National Cultural Distance as Liability of Foreignness: The Issue of Level of Analysis - Journal of International Management
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Entrepreneurship and the Evolution of Strategic Communities: The Emergence of the American Film Industry, 1895-1930 - Journal of Business Venturing
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Resource Partioning and the Founding of Specialist Firms: The American Feature Film Industry, 1912-1929 - Organization Science
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Adapting Aspirations to Feedback: The Role of Success and Failure
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Dynamic Performance Measurement Systems for a Global World: The Complexities to Come - John Wiley and Sons
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Legal Environments and the Population Dynamics of Entrepreneurship: Litigation and Foundings in the Early American Film Industry, 1897-1918 - Palgrave Macmillan
- BOOK CHAPTERS - Industry Creation, Legitimacy and Foundings: The Case of American Film Industry, 1896-1928 - Palgrave Macmillan
- BOOKS - Organizational Dynamics of Creative Destruction - Palgrave Macmillan