Over five intensive days of case studies, experiential exercises, group work and lectures, the programme explores the business outcomes of R&D. It includes the following components.
Managing a portfolio of processes for different types of innovations
- Why is it important that portfolio management goes beyond financial evaluations?
- What are the best practices for devising competitive portfolios?
- What are the ways in which R&D can contribute optimally to overall company goals?
- Are there alternative sources of innovation other than product or technology?
Measuring R&D innovation performance
- Why are many current evaluation systems unsatisfactory?
- What does a good R&D measurement system look like?
Structures for portfolio innovation
- What does good team management consist of?
- How do you put in place structures when teams are globally diverse?
Organisational innovativeness and idea creation
- Which R&D processes foster creative organisations?
- How can we increase organisational creativity?