Leading from the Chair is designed to make you a more effective board leader, so much of the learning experience focuses on board simulation workshops that allow you to put strategies into practice. You will also develop skills through individual coaching by faculty and best practice exchanges with your peers – interacting with highly experienced chairs and professors throughout the programme. Continuous self-assessment opportunities will support you in creating an action plan for honing your leadership skills.
The programme focuses on three key areas that are vital in leading and chairing an effective board – and will address the following topics.
- Setting and measuring board support systems and performance
- Understanding the keys to effective group dynamics
- Using evaluation processes
- Managing the information gap between boards and management
Chair competencIes and skills
- Motivating individual director performance
- Facilitating effective meetings
- Leading difficult discussions
- Mentoring board-member and management development
- Developing boards and directors
- How the role of a chair changes
- Addressing stakeholder pressure
- Managing board member anxieties
- Interacting with the CEO