- LoginAccess your ApplicationOr learn more about our programmes and applyAccess MyINSEAD
The Essentials of Coaching programme is designed to help you explore what coaching is and how it differs from mentoring or managing others. Throughout the programme, we build a learning community, forming contacts with each other to make the learning journey as powerful and effective as possible.
Intervening to produce the best results
- Using a case study, we look at how a high-potential manager is on the path to becoming an effective executive
- What is holding her back?
- What is the systems psychodynamic approach?
- How can coaching be used to intervene and drive the best results?
Coaching at the coal face
- Crafting the relationship
- Establishing a bi-directional contract for coaching to happen
- Defining goals and frameworks
- Working with emotions as data
- The theory and the practice of coaching skills
- The importance of adopting different coaching approaches
Coaching in practice – practical sessions
- Group work: coaching, being coached and observing a coaching session
- Working with a professional Executive Coach and receiving feedback
- Supervision as a part of ethical and reflective practice
- Understanding yourself in the role of coach
Ethics and managing stakeholders
- Making value judgments
- Navigating moral codes
- Making sense of the world through value systems and the impact on coaching practice
- Articulating your values
- Articulating your purpose and goals for yourself and your clients
- Developing a meaningful and responsible coaching practice
Call Europe Office