The Essentials of Coaching programme is designed to help you explore what coaching is and how it differs from mentoring or managing others. Throughout the programme, we build a learning community, forming contacts with each other to make the learning journey as powerful and effective as possible.
Intervening to produce the best results
- Using a case study, we look at how a high-potential manager is on the path to becoming an effective executive
- What is holding her back?
- What is the systems psychodynamic approach?
- How can coaching be used to intervene and drive the best results?
Coaching at the coal face
- Crafting the relationship
- Establishing a bi-directional contract for coaching to happen
- Defining goals and frameworks
- Working with emotions as data
- The theory and the practice of coaching skills
- The importance of adopting different coaching approaches
Coaching in practice – practical sessions
- Group work: coaching, being coached and observing a coaching session
- Working with a professional Executive Coach and receiving feedback
- Supervision as a part of ethical and reflective practice
- Understanding yourself in the role of coach
Ethics and managing stakeholders
- Making value judgments
- Navigating moral codes
- Making sense of the world through value systems and the impact on coaching practice
- Articulating your values
- Articulating your purpose and goals for yourself and your clients
- Developing a meaningful and responsible coaching practice