*Enrolment closes Friday January 4, 2019 (4 PM CET).
Develop effective communication skills for more effective leadership
In a complex, 21st century environment, successful leaders need to be highly effective communicators. Considering the amount of communication undertaken by senior business leaders, the CEO might equally be called a chief “explanation, engagement or enlightenment” officer. Effective leaders understand that if their message does not resonate deeply with their target audience, speaking to emotions, aspirations and needs, then likely it will not be understood – much less championed.
Put simply, effective communication is an essential component of professional success. The better you understand your own personal communication style and how it impacts others, the greater your chance of articulating your organisation’s strategic vision, inspiring high performance and creating positive working relationships based on vibrant interaction and listening.
Building effective communication skills becomes even more important in today’s rapidly changing business landscape, where technological disruption is leading to increased volatility and uncertainty. Leaders can help their people navigate the complexities of the digital age and make meaning in this change. Leadership communication capabilities that foster meaningful collaboration, interaction and engagement are must-have skills for executives today.
Leadership Communication with Impact is an online programme designed to help leaders improve their impact, performance and effectiveness as communicators. The aim is to equip you - as leaders - with the tools, techniques and skills you need to build your communication capacity at all levels – whether it be interpersonal, organisational or external, and enabling you to become a leader communicator who connects and resonates with any stakeholder.
This programme shows you how to develop your own leadership communication style – to maximise your potential strengths – and close the gaps. You will establish a link between leadership, different communication styles and performance results – in the process discovering more about yourself and how your behaviour affects others. You will also learn how to use emotional intelligence through interpersonal communication and how to encourage strategic thinking through asking questions, developing ideas and articulating clear goals.
How you benefit
- Discover the inner strengths of your communication potential by harnessing your communication intelligence
- Learn about your communication approach and how to adjust your communication style to increase your influence as a leader
- Build skills in creating compelling and relevant messages as well as displaying impactful leadership presence
- Expand your communication capacity to motivate and inspire people, as well as successfully connect organisational vision, strategy and execution
- Create dynamic ways to continually hone and improve your communication skills into the future
Leadership Communication with Impact is designed for:
- Executives in leadership positions at all levels looking to improve their impact and performance through more effective leadership communication
Embracing the exciting new possibilities
created by digital
Our online programmes combine our deep expertise in developing high-quality executive programmes that translate into business impact with the convenience of modern online learning. INSEAD is among the top three Executive Education providers globally, with a world-class faculty and an ability to deliver cutting-edge business content to an international business community. True to our pioneering spirit and tradition of innovation, in 2014 we started developing customised online programmes for leading global companies including Microsoft and Accenture. A tremendous success, our customised online programmes have now won numerous learning industry awards based on strong results for completion rates, for relevance, and for business impact across more than 20,000 executives.
Effective online programmes must overcome one key challenge: sustaining the interest and the motivation of participants during the programme. We do this in myriad ways that build on the high-quality delivery and expertise for which INSEAD is renowned. There are multidimensional interactions with peers and world-class faculty, individual learning support from our coaches, certification upon successful completion, and real-time application back to participants’ own context.
Deputy Dean of INSEAD, Dean of Innovation
The Eli Lilly Chaired Professor of Strategy and Innovation
INSEAD's cutting-edge online programmes
Through outstanding design and delivery, INSEAD’s online programmes build upon our world-class faculty’s ability to convey very complex concepts in the simplest yet most comprehensible way.
- Content designed specifically for the online format, including short high-impact videos
- Professional, television-quality filming in INSEAD amphitheatres with actual participants
- Use of relevant and engaging examples and short case studies from a wide range of industries
Through a rich set of interactive elements, we build a community of faculty, learning coaches and diverse, high-quality global executives who learn together as a group - one of INSEAD’s strengths.
- A mobile-friendly learning platform built to maximise interaction and engagement
- Faculty answering questions during the programme
- A learning coach guides participants through the programme providing feedback
- The guided ‘real-world assignments’ feature of the programmes encourages participants to take newly acquired skills and apply them within the context of their actual job and organisation.
- The projects are closely aligned with the learning in the programme and benefit from the learning community, with feedback from the learning coach.
Upon successful completion of all programme activities, combined with satisfactory grades on the final assignment, participants are awarded with an official Certificate of Completion from INSEAD, which they can also showcase on their LinkedIn profile.
The ability to identify and communicate values is critical to self-awareness and leadership development.
Powerful people aren’t always the best choice for persuading others. Less powerful audiences require warmth and connection.