Executive Presence and Influence is an online programme delivered over 5 weeks that requires you to work on multiple levels. Each week develops one part of the following topics.
Communicating Ideas and Storytelling
Explore concepts that help craft relevant, memorable and impactful messages. This entails understanding how
the human mind makes sense of content and ideas.
- Discover the anatomy of ideas and messages—why do some ideas stick and others don’t?
- Explore how to engage, persuade, and inspire your audience, regardless of whether they are clients, bosses or team members
- Map out these principles to make ideas sticky across a variety of contexts including interpersonal communication, personal branding, marketing and publicity, public pitches and organisational change.
Unlocking Executive Presence
Body language is a universal medium of communication and influence. Across nations, cultures and organisations, your body language shapes the way your message is perceived.
Discover which body language cues signify power, confidence, trustworthiness and competence
Learn to adopt and deploy these cues to command a presence that is powerful yet also warm and inviting
Explore what executive presence looks like in virtual settings
Become more mindful about your own presence and the style that you aspire to have.
Strong long-term relationships and business outcomes are built on trust. But trust needs to be earned – and losing it can be highly costly. As we strive to influence others, our efforts can actually have the effect of undermining trust.
- Take a deep dive into the psychology of trust in business relationships
- Define trust and determine the criteria we use in evaluating someone’s trustworthiness?
- Discover how to build trust quickly and how to repair trust when it is impaired
- Learn how to establish trust that signals credibility, benevolence, and integrity.
The Science and Art of Influence
Develop and apply interpersonal persuasion skills and understand the importance of strategy formulation and managerial agility. Improve your understanding of diverse cultural or social landscapes and understand how that can inform your strategy and approach in any given influence situation.
- Become more effective at influencing others without relying on authority
Learn a variety of influence tactics and understand how to deploy them strategically.
Discover the psychological foundations of charisma and explore practical ways leaders can become more inspirational and charismatic through the science of interpersonal attraction and emotional intelligence
- Discover how to enhance your own emotional intelligence and how to be more charismatic in your leadership
- Learn about Type I Leadership: The Charismatic Introvert.
Your Online Learning Journey
Throughout the programme, an INSEAD Learning Coach will be guiding you and helping you maximise the impact of your learning journey.
*Please note the programme may include a pause week(s).
Action Learning Project
The Action Learning Project (ALP) is your opportunity to personalise your learning around a specific challenge or objective that you have. It will take you on a step-by-step journey by developing your own personal agenda for more effective executive presence and influence.
You will begin by reflecting on your own use of presence and influence and to situate yourself in terms of where you want to be per the needs and exigencies or your role and organisation. Each week you will hone your skills through the insights, tactics and practices elucidated by the programme, as you develop greater understanding of what it means to exercise presence and influence without power. The ALP will culminate in a personalised plan that will help you deploy the right strategies with the right people in the right context and in different leadership situations and challenges in your future leadership career.
Typical Week on an INSEAD Online Programme
Each week of content follows a very clear path to facilitate learning for busy executives. The platform allows participants to learn at their own pace during each week, by viewing the content, completing assignments and engaging in discussions, taking on average 4-6 hours per week to complete.
*This is the recommended number of hours per week however please note that working on the Action Learning Project (ALP) may require up to two additional hours/week.