Leading Successful Change is designed to enhance participants’ core capabilities for leading and sustaining change. As such, an important part of this programme is the opportunity for you to learn and perfect your change skills by doing instead of just thinking. This practical learning is possible through the inclusion of a change simulation in the programme – a proprietary system called Change Pro Simulation. Designed at INSEAD to create a risk-free learning environment, the Change Pro Simulation challenges participants to work through a 120-day change initiative in just a few hours.
Along with the simulation, participants take part in classroom learning, work groups and discussion around five key areas.
- What role do you, as a leader, play in the change process?
- How can you help others see the need for change?
- How can you get people to engage with the change intellectually and emotionally?
- What are the dynamics of resistance to change?
- How can you anticipate resistance and obstacles effectively?
- How can you assess and manage different people from natural, early adopters to hard-core resisters?
- Why do so many change initiatives that get off the 'launch pad' ultimately slide back and fail?
- How can you build your networks and coalitions to help sustain change?
- What are the keys to effective communication of change?
- What is your personal approach to change?
- How vulnerable are you to common traps in leading change?
- How good is your ability to motivate and inspire others?
Consolidating learning & creating an action plan
- Personal change leadership development areas and actions
- Priorities for you to work on your change challenge
- Concrete steps to address those priorities