AI for Business uses video case studies, cutting-edge technologies and vibrant debate to illustrate how established companies can use strategy, leadership and innovation to adapt to digital transformation.
What can AI do for your industry
Participants will be given a thorough, non-technical introduction to different kinds of AI.
Topics covered include:
- From perception (traditional statistics) to prediction (machine learning)
- The key idea: How machines (algorithms) learn from experience (data)
- Don’t let your data take you hostage: Avoiding over-fitting
- Prediction errors: Which mistake is more painful?
- Applications across functional areas (marketing, finance, operations and HR/organisational development)
- Using AI to create: LLM’s, ChatGPT and generative AI
- The strategic disruption that AI is bringing to various industries
Getting the most out of your in-house AI experts
- Equip yourself with the skills to engage in a rigorous conversation with data scientists, be it your direct reports, or from a centralised pool of talent
- Improve your ability to communicate business needs and apply the insights generated.
Next practice: AI Adoption, Governance and Risks
- Discuss some of the logistical, legal and ethical challenges associated with deploying AI in management
- Discover some of the core weaknesses of machine learning-based decision-making (e.g., using past data to derive insights for future use)
- Learn how to conduct randomisation-based pilot testing, also known as A/B testing or randomised control trials (RCT) – essential before committing to major changes in management practices.
- Study innovative applications that use machine intelligence either directly or indirectly, such as using computer models to forecast how a management intervention will unfold