Phone: 65 6799 5382
Building effective entrepreneurial teams and networks, Business group networks, Entrepreneurial leadership in emerging markets
New Venture Formation and Growth, Entrepreneurial Leadership, Expert in Using Simulation based Approach to Teach Entrepreneurship
Bala Vissa is Associate Professor and Chair of the Entrepreneurship & Family Enterprise Area at INSEAD. His research and teaching interests focus on entrepreneurial leadership in the context of creating and growing new ventures. He is an invited speaker and advises / mentors start-up teams on these topics.
Prof. Vissa has received numerous research awards and serves on the editorial review boards of leading academic journals. He teaches topics related to leadership and new venture creation & growth in the MBA program as well as in executive training programs, using a variety of approaches including simulations and case based learning. Currently he is directing INSEAD Leadership Programme for Senior Executives - India and Certificate in Leadership Effectiveness.
Prior to finishing his doctoral studies at London Business School, Prof. Vissa was involved in setting up and growing new businesses in different specialty chemical niches for Unilever in India.
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Agency in Action: Entrepreneurs' Networking Style and Initiation of Economic Exchange - Organization Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - A Matching Theory of Entrepreneurs’ Tie Formation Intentions and Initiation of Economic Exchange - Academy of Management Journal
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Business Group Affiliation and Firm Search Behaviour in India: Responsiveness and Focus of Attention - Organization Science
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Leveraging Ties: The Contingent Value of Entrepreneurial Teams' External Advice Networks on Indian Software Venture Performance - Strategic Management Journal
- JOURNAL ARTICLES - Are Emerging Economies Less Efficient? Business Group Affiliation and Performance Persistence - Strategic Management Journal