INTERNSHIP POSITION – COUNSELLOR
The application process for Summer @ INSEAD 2018 is closed. To join our mailing list for 2019, please click here.
To apply for Summer @ INSEAD internship, you need to submit an online application form along with your CV (with photo), motivation letter*. We’re also including a video interview as part of our online application process. We’re excited to get to meet you virtually, through the medium of video interviewing. You’ll see that we’ve recorded the questions ourselves and you’ll be able to get a sense of our culture and values, as well as what we're looking for in our candidates. The value we get with this, in addition to your application, is to virtually meet you, get a sense of your personality/potential, and see how well you think on your feet. You will receive an email from our service provider Kira Talent to register on the platform. The email will also provide further details about the interviewing process.
*In the motivation letter, please answer the following questions:
- What motivates you to apply to the position? What are you hoping to gain from the experience?
- How can you contribute to the programme? This is an open question. Here are some specific areas you could cover: How might you be a role model for the participants? What evening or weekend activities could you potentially animate in the programme? What experiences, challenges and successes have you had that you could share with the participants?
- The programme will be highly multi-cultural. What is your motivation and experience in working across cultures?
Below is further information about the internship:
- Provide support to INSEAD faculty and students during teamwork
- Lead afternoon, evening, and weekend recreational and social activities
- Actively contribute to the Summer @ INSEAD blog as well as all the social media activities
- Build a strong and healthy residential learning community that enhances participant academic progress and success
- Create an atmosphere that fosters social development as well as tolerance, cultural sensitivity, and understanding of individual differences
- Address the range of participant needs and taking appropriate action when participants are sick or injured
- Enforce the rules of the programme to keep all participants safe
- Assist with programme set-up and closing, including on Arrival and Departure.
- Full board and on-campus accommodation
- Privileged access to all INSEAD Faculty involved in the programme. Several lunches and dinners with Faculty will take place during your stay.
- Free access to all Summer @ INSEAD classes
- Free training on the legendary entrepreneurship bootcamp, Your First Hundred Days (YFCD). Over a period of a week, programme participants will pretend to be running a company for its first hundred days. The challenge for them will be to keep the company on the rails while the professor will throw disaster after disaster their way. During the programme, you will be actively supporting the professor with the implementation of YFCD and help students get over their first hundred days.
- Over 18 year-old
- University undergraduates or graduates
- Previous teaching or tutoring experience desirable
- Summer camp/programme experience or experience working with students is also desirable
- Creative and positive attitude, and an enthusiasm for working with high school students
- Adaptability and willingness to complete hard work weekdays and weekends
- Demonstrated responsibility and leadership skills
- Ability to make good decisions and enforce rules
- Some on-line availability before the start of the programme
- Availability for the entire programme (July 29th - Aug. 11th) and from 9AM on July 28th.
Due to current legal restrictions, we will primarily recruit students with EU citizenship and currently studying in the EU or in Canada. Candidates for the internship position will also need to ensure that their universities can sign an Internship Agreement with INSEAD. We will provide you with the document if you are shortlisted. Medical and Civil Liability insurance are also mandatory.