The EMCCC has become more than programme; it’s also a powerful professional network and source of many friendships.
The EMCCC class usually consists of 36 participants of more than 15 nationalities. Roughly a third are already consultants and coaches, a third are HR or L&D professionals and the final third are from the heart of the business. Apart from this split, they are so diverse that it is hard to generalise about them or to predict the precise make-up of future classes, but participants tend to fit the following profile.
- 1/3 of the class are experienced business professionals, 1/3 human resource executives and 1/3 consultants and coaches – whether in global/regional companies or boutique firms
- High achievers in life and work
- International experience and/or mindset
- Emotionally mature with strong interpersonal skills
- Intellectually able with strong analytical skills
- Eager to learn and enrich their experience
- Enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge and experience
- Aspiring to make an impact on their own or client organisations.
The Typical EMCCC Class
EMCCC alumni profiles
So far there are over 500 EMCCC alumni from 15 classes (or “Waves” as we often call them). EMCCC has become more than a programme; it’s also a powerful professional network and source of many friendships. So far, the alumni come from 65 different countries, and keep in touch for a variety of alumni activities.
I ask exactly the same questions that I used to, but my coaches spontaneously open up to me more about their childhood and other deeply personal experiences, without me asking.
Luc Janin (France)
Senior Partner at Korn Ferry
EMCCC Wave 4 (2004–2005)
I kept asking myself, “Is this really what I want to do with my life?” So I signed up for EMCCC, which I knew about from my time at INSEAD. It was one of the best decisions I ever made.
Taghreed Al-Shunnar (Jordan)
Founder and CEO, Professional Effective Solutions
EMCCC Wave 10 (2010–2011)
I couldn’t run away from myself any more and be content in my comfort zone… I had to listen to my inner voice and make some critical changes, leave that which was familiar and comfortable and venture into the unknown.
Vijay Naidoo (South Africa)
Psychologist, Coach and Organisation Development Specialist
EMCCC Wave 9 (2009–2010)
EMCCC participant stories
Our EMCCC life stories give you an idea of the good company that you will be in if you join us.Here is a selection of videos from participants and alumni talking about their EMCCC experience.
If you have any questions related to our programmes or application procedures, we are here to help you.