Associate Director, Tax
Department: Internal Admin
Location: Asia Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com
Posted on: 05 September 2019
Deadline: 30 September 2019
Associate Director, Tax
Full-time – Permanent – To be based either in Fontainebleau (France) or Singapore
INSEAD is currently looking for an Associate Director for Tax. This is a newly created position and we are open to candidates to be based either on our Fontainebleau campus in France or at our Singapore campus.
The Associate Director will assist the CFO in mitigating INSEAD's tax exposure and tax burden, providing the Executive Committee with information for strategic decision-making.
- Ensures INSEAD complies with tax regulations in all relevant jurisdictions worldwide, by writing and implementing rules and procedures, training staff, conducting audits, liaising with external advisors and keeping abreast of any regulatory change
- Manages exposure to tax risks and identifies opportunities to mitigate tax burden, by conducting internal or external tax reviews
- Main point of contact for tax authorities. Assists the local teams during the meetings with tax inspectors. Reviews the conclusions of the tax inspections and challenges them with the help of external advisors if necessary
- In coordination with Legal, provides input to top management regarding the legal and tax structure of the school, and the impact of any structural change. Participates in discussions on the matter
- Provides guidance to the operating departments, especially in terms of VAT/GST and WHT: budget impacts, information displayed, clauses in the contracts
- Defines the cross campus invoicing rules deriving from any change in the organisation and updates the transfer pricing documentation
What we are looking for:
- This role will cover all of three international campuses: Fontainebleau, Singapore and Abu Dhabi. To deal with French tax authorities, fluency in French and English is essential.
- Proficient in French, European and international taxation rules (VAT/GST, withholding tax, transfer pricing). Good understanding of French GAAP and IFRS.
- Good writing, analytical and synthesis skills
- Pragmatic, didactic, hands-on and able to propose solutions
- Strong awareness of multiculturalism, through his/her professional or personal history
- Higher education degree in finance/accountancy (master degree in engineering, business, French MSTCF, DSCG or international equivalent) supplemented with a specialty in tax law
- Minimum 5 years experience, ideally in the tax dept. of an audit firm, followed by a corporate experience.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter (in English) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HR2.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.