Student Life Officer
Department: Degree Programmes & Curriculum
Location: Europe Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Europe at [email protected]
Posted on: 26 October 2022
Deadline: 13 December 2022
We are currently looking for a Student Life Officer to join the team within the Degree Programmes department on our Fontainebleau campus. This is a permanent, full-time position.
The Student Life Officer ensures that the students operate the clubs as smoothly as possible and they remain fully inclusive and accessible to all Degree Programme participants and students. S/he ensures clubs are integrated within the programmes and with the Alumni community. The Student Life Officer co-organises and supports extra-curricular activities, such as conferences, pre-recruiting treks, case competitions, social and sports events and works closely with his/her counterparts on the Asia Campus.
The position holder is responsible for programme delivery within the Student Life team and contributes to the continuously evolving extra-curricular offering, the future of community life and the shared Degree Programme experience. The Student Life Officer is the main POC for clubs and provide insights and advice to the best possible integration across the INSEAD eco-system (Student Life, Career Development, Centres of Excellence…). S/he holds responsibility for the club budget and spending and allocation of funds.
Main tasks include:
Extra-curricular Design and Programming
- Contributes to the design, programming, and execution of extra-curricular activities in collaboration with student life and student experience team
- Manages relevant strategic projects from conceptualization to implementation including roll-out to the Degree Programme Student body
- Establishes strong networks and relationships with relevant stakeholders in the INSEAD eco-system
- Presents to the student bodies on relevant topics, Student Clubs, Club leadership elections etc.
- Advises students, in groups or individually, on club activities and creation of clubs, conferences and extra-curricular activities including advice on leveraging the larger INSEAD eco-system
- Supports the organization and delivery of club activities, student-led conferences, extra-curricular activities
- Collaborates with Student Council VP Clubs for the continued evolvement of Club Life, their purpose, and guidelines
Club/Student Association Management
- Grows the concept of clubs and enhances integration with the wider INSEAD eco-system, Centres of Excellence, Alumni Global Clubs, Career Development Centre for professional clubs, Advancement etc.
- Negotiates with external authorities on usage of sports complex for sports clubs
- Manages and supports club activities including information dissemination and information management, practical aspects of club management, planning & scheduling of activities, etc.
Degree Programme Flagship Events and Student Life Activities
- Integrates the Student Life team and contributes to the day-to-day operations of the Student Life office; reception, general and club specific queries in the Student Life shared mailboxes
- Actively contribute to delivery of major events such as Graduations for Degree Programme students and participants under the project leads
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- BTS, licence, Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years work experience, preferably in customer service, or in a higher education environment
- Client service minded, relationship builder and collaborative/team player
- Detail oriented and organized
- Culturally sensitive, diplomatic / handling difficult situations
- Proactive and driven, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and continually seeks to improve the processes and experience of the participants
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English both written and oral, relationship management, extra-curricular programming experience a plus
- Tech savvy, works rigorously even under high pressure and stress
- Fluent level in English and French
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter in English to Talent Acquisition Europe at [email protected]
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.