Student Liaison Officer
Department: Degree Programmes & Curriculum
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Temporary - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 08 July 2020
Deadline: 22 August 2020
Please note we are only accepting internal candidates currently for this role. This role is only open to current INSEAD staff of our Singapore campus.
Student Liaison Officer - Degree Programmes - Singapore
The Career Development Centre within INSEAD’s Asia Campus has a need for a Student Liaison Officer to assist during the next 3-4 months.
We are looking for internal INSEAD staff who may be wishing to expand their current experience and try out new responsibilities for a short-term temporary assignment.
The Career Development Centre supports our INSEAD students with their career journey, beginning with self-reflection and assessment to relationship building and engaging with future employers. The team supports students in building their skills to help achieve their career goals.
As a Student Liaison Officer (SLO) you will play an important role in ensuring a professional and timely journey through all career activities for the MBA Students. The role requires a mixture of administrative skills and coordinating ability, as well as customer-focused mentality and a passion for helping the students with their careers.
Responsibilities are very varied but will include:
- Guiding students through a CV process
- Supporting our network of career coaches and connecting them the resources with their student clients
- Assisting students with all enquiries relating to scheduled career activities, available resources, logistical arrangements and promotion of activities
- Update our resource portals with relevant information
- Act as a point of contact on the Singapore campus in preparing the weekly newsletter to the students of upcoming activities
- Scheduling of Career Curriculum and other Career activities i.e. cover letter clinics and mock interviews
- Coordinating with other departments in all arrangements for on campus career activities
To succeed in the role you will need the following skills:
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Customer-focused mindset and confidant with handling students’ enquiries
- Able to work in a truly global and fast-paced environment
- IT savviness, very comfortable using digital tools
If you are an internal staff interested in applying, please write to the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com