Social Media Manager
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 15 January 2022
Deadline: 31 January 2022
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore), Middle East (Abu Dhabi) and North America (San Francisco), INSEAD’s business education and research spans three continents.
INSEAD is currently looking to hire a Social Media Manager to join our Communications department. This is a permanent and full-time position that will be based at our Asia Campus in One-North, Singapore.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Strategic and Institutional Communications, the successful candidate will lead the curation and creation of short form content for social media and other digital channels to maximise the reach, reputation, and impact of INSEAD in external audiences. In addition to developing a strategy for social media to focus the school on the most effective content and platforms, the Social Media Manager will also need to coordinate across the organisation to showcase all aspects of the community, from student life to alumni stories, to research.
Key Responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead social media strategy implementation to increase reach, reputation and impact of INSEAD content on global social media platforms.
- Administer and manage INSEAD’s institutional social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube).
- Develop and maintain social media guidelines and governance for key stakeholders to maximise and scale content from across the school.
- Plan, organise and coordinate our social media activities by leading the interdepartmental Social Media Taskforce and collaborating with marketing leads from Sales & Marketing teams from Degree Programmes, Executive Education, Alumni Relations etc.; setting up KPIs and releasing weekly reports.
- Write and edit short posts and stories on events, research, faculty, student extra-curricular activities by coordinating across multi-channel team to gather and organise content.
- Manage the social media dimension of long-term, large-scale institutional communications projects and events (e.g., graduations, fundraising events, anniversaries, etc.).
- Roll out and manage our brand ambassadorship / brand advocacy programme, coaching our advocates, champions and influencers and developing short toolkits for staff and faculty, in collaboration with the Brand Team, to take part in institutional social media activities such as World Case Teaching Day and International Women’s Day.
- Stay on top of social media trends, investigate new platforms and determine best channels for the institution.
- Develop an understanding of the social media landscape and of why certain content performs well, how it can be maximised and developed to support the organisation’s business objectives.
- Propose measurement frameworks on INSEAD social media activities.
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or in similar field of studies.
- Have at least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a digital advertising/online marketing/social media agency or in an in-house Social Media/Communications team in a multinational company.
- Be well-versed in and committed to producing leading-edge social media communications and content; with a creative flair and passion for creating engaging social media content in a professional setting. Graphic design knowledge would be a plus.
- Display in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.), their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Be proficient using social media monitoring and engagement tools such as Meltwater (preferred), Hootsuite or Tweetdeck.
- Thrive in an international environment with a diverse workforce profile.
- Have excellent multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] quoting reference HR1.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.