Location: Asia Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 14 September 2021
Deadline: 30 September 2021
Senior Editor, INSEAD Knowledge - Communications
Full Time, Permanent, based in Singapore
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas from around the world to change lives and transform organisations.
We are currently looking for a Senior Editor for INSEAD Knowledge (http://knowledge.insead.edu), which showcases the school’s leading-edge research and thought leadership with articles, blogs and video interviews. The position will be based at the school’s Asia campus in one-north, Singapore. This is a full-time and permanent position.
In addition to their main responsibility of implementing the global strategy defined by the Director of Strategic Communications, the Senior Editor will join a like-minded team to uncover and produce content (articles, blogs, videos and podcasts) based on research, case studies and events by INSEAD faculty across our campuses in a widely accessible format to build a following of business professionals. The Senior Editor will also be responsible for promoting INSEAD Knowledge via social media and building partnerships with media to raise the footprint of Knowledge content. The Senior Editor will also be responsible for producing copy for faculty and research communications in general.
In close collaboration with the rest of the INSEAD Knowledge editorial team in Singapore, Faculty & Research team in Fontainebleau, and in frequent contact with faculty, writers and web designers, you will:
- Produce and edit content (articles, blogs and videos) for the INSEAD Knowledge website, smartphone and tablet app and weekly newsletter based on faculty research, case studies and events across INSEAD.
- Share responsibilities for editorial/quality control issues across all Knowledge platforms in the following areas: editing articles generated worldwide to ensure quality control. The candidate will also have to generate article and blog ideas by staying on the pulse of research, books and case studies produced by faculty.
- Set up and conduct interviews with faculty and INSEAD experts around research, case studies and events to create content on their behalf.
- Be involved with other aspects of the editorial process like overseeing the production of faculty video interviews for the Knowledge website, copy editing, fact-finding, and research.
- Assist in marketing and further developing the Knowledge outreach platform via social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter and developing editorial partnerships to increase the presence of INSEAD Knowledge online.
- Build relationships and manage meetings with key stakeholders to find ways of maximizing INSEAD Knowledge and spreading/sharing best practices.
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate would have the following profile and qualities:
- Bachelors or Masters in journalism, communication or business administration.
- Working knowledge of economics, business and management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in journalism/broadcast journalism and/or online media, especially in editing and interviewing. Preference is for someone with a balance of media and in-house editorial experience.
- Experience of hiring and managing internal and external writers.
- Internal experience and experience working with academics would be very useful.
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills.
- Experience of managing web publication/websites, working with web authoring and publishing software would be a plus.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and social media strategy a plus.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and independent (ability to take initiatives within parameters of the role).
- Must be flexible and possess the ability to balance the managements of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have great relationship and teamwork skills but be comfortable working independently and remotely.
- Strong project-management and problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing multi-cultural teams and coordinating across globally distributed teams very useful.
To be considered for this role, please send a copy of your up-to-date CV to [email protected] quoting reference number HR3
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted