Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Business Partner
Department: Dean's Office
Location: Asia Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 18 November 2021
Deadline: 02 December 2021
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore), Middle East (Abu Dhabi) and North America (San Francisco), INSEAD’s business education and research spans three continents.
INSEAD is currently looking to hire a Senior Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Business Partner to join our Dean’s Office Department. This is a permanent and full-time position that will be based at our Asia Campus in One-North, Singapore.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, the successful candidate will partner closely with two business units: Degree Programmes and the Deputy Dean’s Office to provide powerful data driven support and analysis for strategic decision making and effective use of resources.
Key Responsibilities will include the following:
Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Assist in processes for revenue targets and help develop strategies for growth with provision of data and financial modelling.
- Responsible for expenses (salary and non-salary) budgeting and forecasting for the assigned business units – Degree Programmes Department and the Deputy Dean’s Office.
- Coordinate with heads of departments and budget owners on budgeting processes and ensure budgeting guidelines are followed.
- Prepare financial planning and business cases for new strategic initiatives.
- Ensure a strong link of the business units with the Central FP&A function by collaborating around budgeting and planning processes.
Financial Analysis and Management Reporting
- Prepare and develop relevant and structured financial analysis and management reporting that supports business decisions and effective allocation of resources.
- Business partner for financial data and analysis. Manage information flow and keep abreast of new business developments/situations. Provide analysis on managerial reports to understand drivers.
- Prepare program P&L’s and margin analysis, detailed revenue and cost analysis. Ensure accurate cost and overhead allocation to programmes.
- Work with business unit and Central FP&A to define and track key performance indicators and metrics. Build effective working relationships outside of Finance and provide insights into the business.
- Prepare variance analysis and provide detailed explanations to management. Anticipate and alert management of significant variances to budget.
- Implement the use of technology for reporting and analysis. Work with the Central FP&A team to improve availability and structure of data.
- Able to put together financial information in a concise and easy to understand format for business units.
Control and Compliance
- Communicate and advise business units on transversal processes and standards for effective cost and resource management.
- Control of specific expense items to ensure budget conformity or compliance with policy (eg. talent acquisition, travel).
- Collaborate with other areas of the business, for example Risk, IT, HR, Legal and Finance to ensure strong controls and best practice policies and procedures.
- Work with Finance/Accounting teams to streamline shared processes and procedures.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in financial planning & analysis.
- Experience in service industry, government, education or academic institutions or equivalent experience in the not-for-profit sector will be beneficial.
- Experience in multi-location missions, teams or operations across countries and regions is preferred.
- Exposure to a variety of stakeholders in international and multi-cultural work contexts in private or non-private institutions.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen and awareness.
- Demonstrated initiative and innovation.
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent.
- Proven academic/educational excellence and rigor.
- Highly effective in stakeholder management and able to interact with senior internal and external stakeholders of various backgrounds.
- Ability to influence stakeholders through good communication and presentation skills; challenge the status quo and make recommendations to senior leaders.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capability.
- Highly adaptive to changes and able to improvise while being under pressure.
- Ability to lead and effectively manage without authority.
- Passion to work in teams and in intellectual work environment.
- Process oriented and diligent working attitude.
- Resourceful, with a positive mind-set and a strong capability to build and leverage internal partnerships.
- Result and detail orientation with excellence in outputs.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office.
- Conversant with Business Intelligence/Financial Planning software and databases.
- Able to manipulate large amounts of data and compile detailed reports.
- Those with experience in Financial Modelling and use of Power BI for FP&A will be preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and procedures, laws, rules and compliance.
- Proficiency in English.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] quoting reference HR12.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.