Senior Business Analyst
Location: Europe Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Europe at [email protected]
Posted on: 27 April 2021
Deadline: 27 May 2021
INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas from around the world to educate leaders who transform business and society. As a mission-driven school, INSEAD focuses on three values: open, rigorous, and entrepreneurial. Founded on a commitment to innovation in management education, INSEAD was the first international business school, introduced the first one-year MBA, pioneered company specific executive education, and has developed a unique fully integrated multi-continent campus structure. Today, no more than 10% of the incoming MBA class comes from one country – we truly are the Business School for the World.
We are currently looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our IT department in our Fontainebleau campus. This is a full-time, permanent contract.
The Senior Business Analyst (BA) researches and clarifies business needs and monitors digital projects that go beyond the scope of straightforward IT implementation and are often transversal across several departments.
This role combines technical expertise and an understanding of INSEAD’s business processes to define, monitor and drive development and adoption for applications that are part of the Digital Transformation Roadmap as defined by the Executive Committee. The aim is to create user-centric digital products in terms of usability, functionality, innovation and generate enthusiastic user adoption and engagement within and outside of INSEAD.
The BA pro-actively gathers, consolidates, validates the business requirements, works closely with the IT project manager to prioritise for internal development, mobilises the necessary resources/people and monitors the progress of projects, all the way through to user adoption. The BA receives direction, resources and support on his/her plans from the Associate Director, Business Partnering & Analysis in addition to key contacts in the assigned business area.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Requirements analysis: collect and consolidate business requirements. Use workshops, individual interviews and other user analysis methods to reach timely and well-defined decisions.
- Proposal: propose one or several well-documented, if applicable, financially established solutions clearly outlining the pros and cons of each in use cases.
- Communication: facilitate seamless communication between the Associate Director, BPA and key stakeholders along the progress of the project and ensure they can make well-informed decision.
- Time management: develop and report regularly on the project status to business units.
- Relationship management: build strong relationships between external and internal departments and IT; fostering trust, cooperation among all contributors and facilitate a healthy conversation.
- Stakeholder engagement: Act as a reliable key contact, share knowledge, give regular updates, provide guidance and be able to recommend solutions across multiple projects and business areas.
- Standards: Respect relevant INSEAD standards (development, branding, communication, etc.) in daily activities and stay informed of technological advances and trends; evaluating potential value within INSEAD.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
The position holder must hold a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) ideally in Information Science, Business Management, Information Technology or other technology related field.
7-9 years plus of full-time work experience (experience in the education sector is a plus)
Highly analytical but also highly aware of user sensitivities; can deconstruct business processes at any level - including human; knowledge of functional business processes; experience with functional and system integration testing; awareness of all IT aspects (architecture, design, database, application development methodologies); experience with: SaaS system implementations, API integration, web projects, education technology adoption, and social technologies; excellent communication and presentation skills; fluent English writing and oral skills (required) and spoken French (preferable).
User orientation, sense of initiative, priority setting, interpersonal skills, listening skills, resourceful and reliable, team player, dynamic, accountable and autonomous, professional maturity, conscientious, culturally-sensitive, performance driven, flexibility, multi-tasking and time management.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Talent Acquisition Europe at [email protected]