Hotel Reservations Agent
Department: Campus Services
Location: Europe Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Europe at [email protected]
Posted on: 13 October 2021
Deadline: 31 October 2021
INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas from around the world to educate leaders who transform business and society. As a mission-driven school, INSEAD focuses on three values: open, rigorous, and entrepreneurial. Founded on a commitment to innovation in management education, INSEAD was the first international business school, introduced the first one-year MBA, pioneered company specific executive education, and has developed a unique fully integrated multi-continent campus structure. Today, no more than 10% of the incoming MBA class comes from one country – we truly are the Business School for the World.
We are currently looking for a Reservations Agent to join our Campus Services department. This is a full-time permanent contract, based on our Europe campus in Fontainebleau.
The position holder coordinates hotel room reservations for INSEAD participants, staff, alumni and visitors and participates in the allocation of groups ensuring the optimisation of the occupancy of the INSEAD group of hotels.
The position holder is the main contact between planning officers and INSEAD Hotels and partners.
Main tasks include:
- Group allocation: Dispatches group requests between the campus and partner hotels; Prepares and dispatches group rooming lists, guest information & preferences to hotels
- SOP's: reviews, develops and implements procedures and processes for the reservation & planning acitities
- Reservations: Receives, acknowledges & confirms all reservation requests (email, online, phone) in a timely manner: confirmation of hotel, dates, price, terms & conditions, payment methods etc; answers queries and questions from potential guests
- Ensures training of Front Desk Reception staff with reservation process respecting group, quota & pricing commitments and communicates with them regularly on any specific group terms, prices & reservation codes
- Online Reservations: accountable for the online reservation systems; ensures information is accurate and up to date as required by each group
- Partnerships building: maintains relationships with local hotels through open and regular communication; negociates favourable conditions for INSEAD participants; shares guest feedback
- Statistics & Analysis: collates and presents data for forecast & reporting on past performance
- Front Desk & Guest Relations: depending on activity and when and where necessary - participates in Front Desk operations including check ins/outs, concierge services, guest billing etc
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Education in Hospitality or Administration
- A minimum of 5-7 years of work experience in an international context, preferably Hotel Industry
- At ease with IT systems and ability to communicate technical needs with specialised staff
- Good verbal and writing skills in both French and in English needed
- Hotel operations; Analytical skills
- Team player; Strong customer focus with high quality standards, Excellent negotiation skills, Organisation and planning skills, Effective communicator
If you are interested in this position, please send your application to Talent Acquisition Europe at [email protected]