Research and Data Specialist
Department: Faculty & Research
Location: Europe Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Kathinka OWE at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 09 July 2019
Deadline: 24 July 2019
Within the Research Department, the INSEAD Library is currently looking to fill the role of
Research and Data Specialist
This is a permanent, full time contract, starting as soon as possible (September) and based in Fontainbleau (40min by train from Gare de Lyon).
The Research & Data specialist supports data-centric research across the disciplines at INSEAD, and provides high-level tailored support to Faculty and participants (PhDs, MBAs, EMBAs, and other Master level students). The specialist answers, and suggests solutions to, research inquiries by using appropriate and relevant quantitative and qualitative tools. The person must be customer service oriented, forward thinking and innovative in using relevant technology and automation tools whenever appropriate. The person must be a force of proposition to support the library in its digital transformation.
As part of the Research and User Experience Services, the Research & Data services specialist works to provide individual and small-group research to Faculty and participants in the form of consultations or workshops. The position holder must be able to deliver research, data & statistics to users, and provide expertise and support in the areas of data analysis, tools & methods (Text & Data Mining). S/he must be knowledgeable in data curation and data management planning.
To that end, the job holder must display the following requirements:
- Have a strong service orientation and awareness of end user needs
- Must be familiar with the methods and tools commonly used in quantitative research in Social Sciences and in Business & Management research
- Proficiency with Text and Data Mining, advisory role and project support
- Proficiency in the following, but not exclusively: R, SAS, SPSS, or STATA
- Must be able to use existing platforms to develop APIs and facilitate data gathering
- Knowledge of data visualization tools an asset
- Demonstrated initiative and proven ability to learn new technologies and adapt to changes in the profession.
- Proven ability and willingness to share expertise with colleagues.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication in English (and French ideally).
- Knowledge of Business Object an asset.
- 3 to 5 years experience in research intensive schools, or Business schools, an asset
- Have a Master’s degree in Information or Library Science preferred, or Data Scientist with relevant experience.
- Must be able to work within an international team
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and a cover letter in english by email to email@example.com.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and that valid working papers are mandatory.
We will keep your personal data for a period of 1 year in order to be reviewed in case a new opportunity arises within INSEAD. Your data will be deleted after this period.