Project Manager - Campus Services
Department: Campus Services
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Temporary - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 09 April 2019
Deadline: 26 April 2019
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore) and the Middle East (Abu Dhabi), INSEAD’s business education and research spans three continents.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing the implementation of Resource Scheduling and Timetabling (RST) solution, working alongside the multiple internal stakeholders and external vendors. This role requires deep understanding of INSEAD’s business processes to define, monitor and drive development and adoption for the future RST software as part of the Digital Roadmap, as defined by the Executive Committee. The aim is to create user-centric digital products in terms of usability, functionality, innovation and generate enthusiastic user adoption and engagement within and outside of INSEAD.
The Project Manager will pro-actively gather, consolidate and validate the business requirements. He / she will work closely with the Director Operation & Campus Services, the RST Steering Committee members and external vendors to organise and prioritise the project tasks, mobilise the necessary resources and monitor the progress of projects, all the way through to user adoption.
- Manage and coordinate with external vendors for project execution
- Manage implementation timeline and milestones
- Gather and document articulated business requirements with clarity
- Prepare documents (word, ppt, flow charts etc), as necessary
- Liaise and co-ordinate with IT and Business stakeholders
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing, oversee deployments and provide support post-deployment
- Research and clarify RST-related business needs and monitor any project that goes beyond the scope of straightforward IT implementation, which are often transversal across several departments.
- Work in a multi-cultural environment across all 3(+1) campuses and with all relevant stakeholders across multiple layers of hierarchy, including representatives from EDP, DP, IT and Campus Services.
- Manage the intertwined projects dependencies, including linking the strategies of the school, business unit and IT together in the definition of projects.
- Represent the business sponsor/stakeholder within the Campus Services and IT Department by understanding the end-user needs.
- Add value to the campus services function by facilitating communication across various business units and enhance the user experience through the simplification of processes.
- Pragmatic business requirement gathering, ability to synthesise, optimise against multiple requirements
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your updated CV to email@example.com quoting reference number HR6, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this role.