Department: Internal Admin
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com
Posted on: 09 September 2019
Deadline: 11 October 2019
Full-time – Permanent – Singapore
INSEAD, the Business School for the World, has recently established its own centralised Procurement Department. In order to facilitate the establishment of our newest department, we are currently searching for a full-time Procurement Specialist to join INSEAD on a permanent basis at our Singapore campus in one-north.
As a Procurement Specialist you will be responsible for engaging with Procurement Category Leads in Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Selection and Procurement of medium to high complexity requirements on behalf of the school.
You will engage with suppliers and be able to source and procure goods and services in line with the Category Lead direction. You will be able to manage selection of vendors based upon a pre-determined selection criteria. You will also engage positively with In-Department requestors to ensure that commitments and decisions are agreed and inputs captured as per the process.
You will ensure that:
- INSEAD values, ethical and legal standards and Integrity are represented with external stakeholders and vendors, building strong relationships and partnerships, through the lifecycle of the procurement of products and services, and extending personal networks to better understand and respond to prospective market changes.
- Requirements are validated and the correct procurement method is selected, applicable markets analyzed and commercially based recommendations made in order to select best fit vendors for school use and reputation.
- Sourcing the market for New Requirements and determination of a best fit evaluation is captured with customer feedback into a Decision Matrix (Functional / Technical / Service / Cost / Quality) to meet the requirements, standards, commercial appropriateness, deployment timescales and quality of goods and services.
- Requests for new goods and services are fulfilled by best-in-class reputable vendors and that commercial arrangements are negotiated to be in line with INSEAD's legal and Commercial guidelines.
- Commercial issues are anticipated and managed proactively and fairly and that market knowledge is utilized to enable quality commercial inputs into operational planning discussions in the maintenance and improvement of products and services to the school.
- Ideally the Procurement Specialist will be a degree holder in business administration or similar, with professional accreditations in procurement or supply chain a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years equivalent experience in procurement, supply chain management or finance.
- Good written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to work in a global virtual team alongside counterparts with our campus in France.
- Experience of dealing with suppliers in support of business objectives.
- Good working knowledge of Procurement and finance processes.
- Solid analytical skills, able to interpret quotations and proposals.
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance laws and regulations across Europe, MEA and Singapore.
- Understanding and experience of supplier performance management and relationship management.
- Understanding of contracting basics and Procure to Pay systems.
- Solid understanding of Procurement selection Methods, Practices and Governance.
- Some formal Project Management experience.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter (in English) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HR5.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.