Pre-Doctoral Research Associate (Accounting)
Department: Faculty & Research
Location: Asia Campus, Europe Campus
Contract: Temporary - Full Time
Contact: Renato Botti at email@example.com
Ref: ACC RA
Posted on: 01 May 2019
We are looking for a full-time Pre-Doctoral student to work as a Research Associate on the INSEAD campuses in France or Singapore. We are looking for someone who is good at managing data and in particular using software packages such as Python, R, SAS, and Stata. Ideally, they would also have experience working in social sciences research projects. The Research Associate core mission is to assist the school’s Accounting faculty in conducting research.
This position is ideal for recent university or Master’s graduates looking to develop their research skills, with the view of applying to a PhD program. It will provide the candidate with great preparation for PhD programme entry by training the applicant in doing research, giving him/her access also to other areas projects and assignments across our faculties. Our recent researchers have been admitted to PhDs at Kellogg School of Management, INSEAD, Toulouse School of Economics, Stockholm School of Economics, among others.
Duration: The position is for one year, with the possibility of renewal at the end of the first year upon evaluation.
- Assist with quantitative research projects on the functioning of capital markets and corporate governance.
- Brainstorm about potential research questions.
- Extract data from different databases or company documents for analysis.
- Data management and programming with software packages such as Stata, R, SAS and Python.
- Perform statistical data analysis including running regressions.
- Assist with interpretation, write up and dissemination of findings through the preparation of journal articles and presentations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer science, or Business science are preferred.
- Excellent academic record and work ethic required.
- Clear ambition to pursue a PhD in the future.
- Excellent programming skills that can be applied in software packages such as Python, R, SAS, and Stata.
- Previous research experience and knowledge of econometrics is a strong plus.
- Keen interest in empirical research in business or economics.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
To apply, please submit a CV and a cover letter describing your research experience, motivation and competencies. Please also add a writing sample (empirical research paper preferred) and your academic grade transcript. You should also provide the names and contact details of two potential references. Send all your material to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will disregard the applications submitted using other platforms (Glassdoor, Indeed, etc).
Please mention the specific job title in your email and covering letter. The review will begin immediately. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive and until the position is filled.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data (CV, motivation letter, etc.) you communicate to INSEAD will be registered and stored in our database. They will be treated as confidential information and we will not communicate them to third parties under any condition. We will keep your personal data for a period of 1 year in order to be reviewed in case a new opportunity arises within INSEAD. Your data will be deleted after this period.