Pre-Doctoral Research Associate position at INSEAD
Department: Faculty & Research
Location: Europe Campus
Contract: Temporary - Full Time
Contact: Renato Botti at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref: General Call
Posted on: 14 November 2019
Pre-Doctoral Research Associate position at INSEAD
We are looking for a full-time Pre-Doctoral Research Associate on the INSEAD campus in France. The work environment is highly vibrant and intellectually engaging. The candidate will work closely with world-class scholars at INSEAD. The candidate will also have an opportunity to interact with the pre-doc candidates/RAs from other areas, attend a number of workshops/seminars (on audit basis) and work in multiple areas when support is needed.
This position is ideal for a recent university or Master’s graduate looking to develop their research skills, with the view of applying to a PhD program. It will provide the candidate with great preparation for a PhD program by training the applicant in doing research, giving him/her access to projects and assignments across disciplines. Our recent researchers have been admitted to PhDs at Kellogg School of Management, INSEAD, Toulouse School of Economics, and Stockholm School of Economics amongst others.
Our ideal candidate is proficient in data management and skillfully uses software packages such as Matlab, Python, R, SAS, and Stata.
The Research Associate will work with and assist professors and more broadly the INSEAD research department to successfully initiate and conduct research projects. The work tasks may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with quantitative and qualitative research projects.
- Brainstorm about potential research questions, new methods and new projects.
- Extract data from different databases or company documents for analysis.
- Data management, economic model simulation and programming with software packages such as Matlab, Mathematica, Stata, R, SAS and Python.
- Perform statistical data analysis including running regressions.
- Assist with interpretation, write up and dissemination of findings through the preparation of journal articles and presentations.
- Regularly update and communicate with professors about ongoing projects
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer science, Engineering, management or Business science are preferred.
- Clear ambition to pursue a PhD in the future
- Excellent academic record and work ethic required.
- Excellent programming skills (ability to program, solve and simulate economic models is a plus) with software packages such as Matlab, Mathematica, Python, R, SAS, and/or Stata.
- Prior research experience a plus.
- Knowledge of data analytics and (ideally) machine learning tools.
- Authorization to work in France.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentational.
- Analytical skills and ability to process the information on a wide variety of issues.
- Ability to manage a complex workload, to plan and prioritise.
- Highly proactive, self-motivated, result-oriented, creative and enthusiastic.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player.
- Very good networking abilities.
- Ability to be self-supporting and pro-active.
- Computer and social media literacy is a distinct advantage.
- Become part of a highly vibrant and intellectually community in one of the world's leading and largest graduate business schools. At INSEAD, you will work closely with world-class scholars and business leaders.
- A great preparation for a PhD program by training the applicant in doing research, giving him/her access to projects and assignments across disciplines.
- A full-time position for one year with a possibility of renewal after evaluation at the end of the year.
- A compensation package, pension scheme, medical and other social benefits.
TO APPLY, please submit:
- Your cover letter (max. two pages) should outline your suitability and motivation for the role. It should explicitly reference how your profile matches the different job requirements described above.
- A detailed CV with contacts details of two potential references.
- A copy of your academic grade transcripts
- One writing sample (empirical research paper preferred)
You should also provide the names and contact details of two potential references. Send all your material to email@example.com Please mention the specific job title “Pre-doctoral Research associate general call” in your email. We will review applications as they arrive and until the position is filled. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will only contact shortlisted candidates. We will disregard the applications submitted using other platforms (Glassdoor, Indeed, etc).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data (CV, motivation letter, etc.) you communicate to INSEAD will be registered and stored in our database. They will be treated as confidential information and we will not communicate them to third parties under any condition. We will keep your personal data for a period of 1 year in order to be reviewed in case a new opportunity arises within INSEAD. Your data will be deleted after this period.