MIM Class Officer
Department: Degree Programmes & Curriculum
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 13 December 2022
Deadline: 08 January 2023
INSEAD launched its pioneering new Masters in Management (MIM) programme in 2020 in response to new challenges that have emerged on a global scale. Designed for young adults from 20 to 24 years old, this 14–16-month programme has an innovative learning approach with an applied problem-solving orientation. Our aim is that our future MIM graduates will become the next generation of well-rounded and innovative individuals who are ready to make a positive impact in today’s society.
To assist with the ongoing operations of our MIM programme, INSEAD is currently seeking candidates for the full-time and permanent position of Class Officer to be based at our Asia Campus in Singapore.
The position holder will join the existing MIM Programme Management team, based at our main campus in Fontainebleau, France. They will be a key autonomous actor and decision maker for students, staff and faculty connected to the MIM Programme, as well as acting as an account manager for external vendors. They will also coordinate programme delivery and communication across all MIM stakeholders to design a consistent experience for students.
Main tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Managing external course vendors to ensure perfect delivery of classes that meet INSEAD Standards and implementing continuous improvement on the pedagogical side. This includes setting up the Learning Management System on the vendor's behalf, guiding the pedagogical design and update of courses, as well as grading and collection of feedback.
- Preparing for the students’ arrival to Singapore, including student pass applications and logistics related to the welcome of the class to Singapore.
- Guiding professors and students to support world-class delivery, consistent across courses, and promoting high student engagement.
- Acting as a point of contact for the student body to balance accessibility and guidance. Informing students about procedures and rules, and enforcing them (e.g. Swiss Train, Code of Conduct).
- Referring students to various relevant stakeholders (Career Centre, Student Life, Alumni Relations, Faculty) when necessary.
- Executing all administrative tasks related to the programme. This includes Registration and records update, grade collection and entry, seating plan creation, registrar, and validation of graduation requirements.
- Preparing all relevant documentation and ensuring accuracy of records for Diploma Committees. The Class Officer is ultimately responsible for the proper issuance of degrees.
- Documenting and updating of processes and tools, in collaboration with IT Business Partners for more complex tools.
- Organising INSEAD exams. This includes hiring and overseeing proctors, exam attendance, paper collection from Faculty, exam copies collection from proctors, and delivery to Faculty.
- Accompanying MIM Students for their Study Trips abroad, in order to oversee the group and provide support to local Faculty.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative, customer oriented and multi-tasking role.
- Interest in our new MIM programme and a passion for delivering excellent customer service.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Strong IT skills:
- Solid Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills are a must.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and master new IT tools with minimal training.
- Basic Knowledge of HTML or CMS such as Drupal or Wordpress a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Canvas or Peoplesoft a plus.
- Proven cross-cultural communications and customer relations skills.
- Ability to be patient, understanding and kind while remaining firm on non-negotiable matters.
- Strong ability to navigate between process orientation and customer centricity.
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent team spirit with the ability to work autonomously.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to the Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified