Media Relations Manager
Location: Europe Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Europe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 01 February 2019
Deadline: 28 February 2019
INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to develop responsible leaders who transform business and society. As a mission-driven school, INSEAD focuses on three values: open, rigorous, and entrepreneurial. Founded on a commitment to innovation in management education, INSEAD was the first international business school, introduced the first one-year MBA, pioneered company specific executive education, and has developed a unique fully integrated multi-continent campus structure. Today, no more than 10% of the incoming MBA class comes from one country – we truly are the Business School for the World.
We are excited to launch a new position of Media Relations Manager to join our Communications team on a permanent position, full time basis. Reporting to the Associate Director Strategic Communications, the ideal candidate will have sole responsibility to create and promote content based on events, seminars and case studies at INSEAD to show case the knowledge being created at the school in all its forms. Work with all the communications functions to promote content and be the key contact for media outreach for France/Europe and USA projects.
Key Responsibilities of this role:
- Covering schools events, interviewing newsmakers and Faculty members
- Writing, editing and fact-checking/proof reading content and web edition
- Story-telling, generating story angles, exercising news judgment
- Setting up and managing video production for events/interviews and post-editing
- Building relationships with and reaching out to media on all of the above to generate press coverage for INSEAD
The ideal candidate should have the following profile:
- BA in journalism, communications, web edition
- 5/10 years of experience in journalism, web edition or web management, communication in an international environment or large organization
- Outstanding writing and editing skills in English
- Proficient with social media, media outreach globally
- Excellent experience with digital and social medial channels
- Bilingual French/ English written and spoken (English mother tongue)
- Excellent interpersonal communications as well as diplomatic and active listening skills
- Ability to be diplomatic and able to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to coordinate and drive projects to achieve results
- Strong team spirit, team work and collaborative mind-set
- Be pro-active, demonstrate creative, innovative and service oriented approaches
- Good team playing skills and cross-cultural understanding
If you are interested in this position,
please send your resume and cover letter (in English)
to Talent Acquisition Europe at email@example.com.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and valid working papers are mandatory.