Manager for the Centre of Organisational Research
Department: Faculty & Research
Location: Asia Campus
Contract: Temporary - Part Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com
Posted on: 12 July 2019
Deadline: 20 August 2019
Manager for the Centre for Organisational Research (COR)
Part-time – Temporary – To be in our Asia Campus in one-north, Singapore
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations.
A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore) and Abu Dhabi, INSEAD’s business education and research spans three continents. Our 145 renowned Faculty members from 35 countries inspire more than 1,000 degree participants annually in our MBA, Executive MBA, Specialised Master’s degrees (Master in Finance, Executive Master in Consulting and Coaching for Change) and PhD programmes. In addition, more than 9,000 executives participate in INSEAD’s Executive Education programmes each year.
As part of our research efforts, INSEAD operates a Centre for Organisational Research (COR) where we utilise a pool of participants to generate and provide data for our INSEAD faculty. We are currently looking for a Manager for the Centre for Organisational Research which will be based in Singapore at our campus in one-north. This is a part-time role and is initially being offered as a 1-year contract. The overarching goal of COR is to build a partnership between researchers at INSEAD and the business community in Singapore. This is the perfect opportunity for INSEAD to connect with this community and invite them to contribute to advanced organizational research.
The Manager for the COR will coordinate with faculty, as well as with facilities, external logistics, and study participants whenever a study is conducted at the COR. They will also be responsible for the internal marketing (including the COR website) to internal stakeholders at INSEAD.
The COR Manager will be expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Build up and manage the Participant Pool and participant data base: an estimated 2000 people or more in the first year
- Act as a point of contact for the Research Associates and connect with other local schools like NUS, NTU, SMU and SUSS
- Manage and oversee the studies to be run (3 per month as a minimum)
Other responsibilities will include:
- Manage the online participant recruitment platform (SONA)
- Approve studies and check IRB approval
- Manage and maintain the quality of participant pool
- Manage logistics for on-campus and off-campus studies
- Liaise with temporary Research Assistants - create a pool of undergraduate RAs and incentive system
- Create and manage the COR website
- Internal Marketing: Inform and promote the services to faculty and researchers
This role would suit somebody who has an interest in research - especially behavioural research - perhaps coming themselves from a Research Assistant background or somebody currently studying within academia. Knowledge of the education industry will be preferred, as will experience of managing a pool of participants and coordinating with faculty. The role will also require some social media skills in order to promote the COR internally and externally.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter (in English) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HR7.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.