Major Gift Fundraiser
Location: Asia Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 27 May 2019
Deadline: 28 June 2019
Major Gift Fundraiser – Advancement
Full-time – Permanent - Based in Singapore
INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas from around the world to educate leaders who transform business and society. As a mission-driven school, INSEAD focuses on three values: open, rigorous, and entrepreneurial. Founded on a commitment to innovation in management education, INSEAD was the first international business school, introduced the first one-year MBA, pioneered company specific executive education, and has developed a unique fully integrated multi-continent campus structure. Today, no more than 10% of the incoming MBA class comes from one country – we truly are the Business School for the World.
Philanthropic relationships with individuals and organizations are critical to supporting excellence and academic innovation. The Advancement team, who have increased and surpassed their fundraising targets for the last four consecutive years and will be publicly launching their A Force for Good Campaign this October, are seeking a Major Gift Fundraiser, based on their Asia campus in Singapore (permanent position, full time).
Reporting to the Senior Director, Development, you will be responsible for delivering on a comprehensive major giving strategy in APAC. Your pipeline will consist of prospective donors at various levels in the giving cycle, with a focus on gifts at the €50K – 1M gift range. As an internal advocate for the fundraising strategy, you will provide a coordinated approach with leadership, faculty, administration, senior alumni, colleagues and volunteers, as well as with INSEAD Deans and Campaign Board members.
For this position we are looking for somebody with a strong focus on East and/or Southeast Asia including Singapore, Hong Kong and Mainland China. This will include alumni and potential donors based in those countries, so knowledge of the landscape and the languages will be essential.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of fundraising and outreach experience, preferably in a higher education setting.
- If no fundraising experience, we can consider those who have done high level consultative sales.
- Be diplomatic, energetic, fun, positive and culturally sensitive, with openness to a multi-cultured organization.
- Have a knowledge of the fundraising landscape in Asia, preferably in education.
- The ability to think creatively and entrepreneurially while staying organised and metrics based.
- A high level of professionalism, with the ability to travel to France/ Abu Dhabi for team-building and event attendance/management, such as reunions.
- International experience, combined with a global mind-set are a distinct asset.
The Advancement Team is known to bring the “fun” into fundraising, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter in English to the Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com quoting reference HR5.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.