LMS Product Manager
Department: Degree Programmes & Curriculum
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 25 January 2023
Deadline: 26 February 2023
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. Our global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching, with campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore), the Middle East (Abu Dhabi), and North America (San Francisco).
We are currently seeking a highly-qualified candidate to join our Degree Programmes (DP) team as a Learning Management System (LMS) Product Manager, to be based either on our Asia (preferred) or Europe campus. The Product Manager (PM) will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the LMS (Canvas) to support all DP and PhD academic programmes, as well as their enrolled faculty and students/participants. The PM will lead a cross-functional team to monitor LMS usage, identify and solve problems, assess new functionalities, and enhance the end-user experience in collaboration with the LMS developer to ensure its long-term success at INSEAD.
The PM will develop a deep understanding of the LMS and become a product champion at INSEAD. Together with the Head of LMS Product, the product team, and other key stakeholders, the PM will develop a differentiated and valuable product vision for both faculty and students/participants. The LMS Product Manager will report to the Head of LMS Product, and will receive direction, resources, and support from the DP leadership team as well as the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and the Director of EdTech Product Management.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successfully managing a product, preferably in the EdTech industry. Familiarity with learning platforms, especially Canvas, will be a major plus.
Operational and Process Management
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to oversee the daily operations of the Learning Management System (LMS), ensuring correct setup and delivery of courses to all stakeholders.
- Work with IT business partners to gather feedback and requirements, lead conversations with IT to solve issues and improve product delivery.
- Liaise with faculty and faculty assistants, collect feedback, and communicate changes. Manage expectations and create buy-in.
- Work with instructional designers to align on development needs.
- Make recommendations to optimize business processes for smooth and efficient product delivery.
- Gather usage data and analyze user behaviors to identify training needs and resources required.
- Develop and enforce user and data procedures and standards, ensure compliance with quality control standards.
- Provide regular reporting to internal stakeholders and LMS SteerCo.
- Manage LMS related procurement processes and other tasks.
- Help develop product vision, define and implement product strategy and own product roadmaps. Manage the entire product lifecycle from planning to tactical activities in collaboration with the cross-functional team.
- Research, collect, and analyze user data to inform product decisions and measure success.
- Conduct market research to understand the competitive landscape, identify and stay informed about industry trends, new technologies, and best practices.
- Serve as a point of contact between Canvas/Instructure and INSEAD, keep track of and analyze Canvas's roadmap and upcoming releases, and identify impacts and opportunities for INSEAD.
- Align stakeholders around the vision of the LMS, prioritize competing requests based on the school's overall strategy, user needs, and resources available.
- Set and maintain governance of external tools to be integrated with the LMS, search and select vendors and involve in scoring and evaluating tools with IT and IT business partners.
- Partner with design and development teams to provide guidance and guidelines for optimal customer experience and product success.
- Serve as a spokesperson and advocate for the LMS at INSEAD, lead communication with stakeholders to ensure new tools, features, and processes are successfully launched, implemented, and supported.
Education and Professional Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Educational Technology, Information Systems Management, or other related field.
- A minimum of three years of relevant full-time work experience, with product management experience in the education or EdTech sector preferred.
- Proven experience in collaborating with technical teams and non-technical teams on technical, system, service delivery, and business processes for efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience with various learning management systems (LMS) and learning tools interoperability (LTI).
- Familiarity with regulations and laws related to student data protection and privacy.
- Knowledge in instructional design principles and best practices and/or UX/UI wireframes is an added advantage.
- Ability to understand the big picture amidst complex and evolving priorities.
- Independent and able to juggle multiple priorities, with self-direction and motivation.
- Strong collaboration and diplomacy skills, as well as problem analysis and creative solutions.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a demanding and quickly changing environment through transparent communication and a strong methodological and pedagogical approach.
- Strong relationship building skills; ability to build trust and strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills with a data-driven mindset; fluency in product metrics.
- Excellent English language and presentation skills; with the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
To be considered for this role please send your CV to the Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected] quoting reference HR4.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted