IT Telecoms Category Manager
Location: Asia Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 17 November 2021
Deadline: 01 December 2021
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore), Middle East (Abu Dhabi) and North America (San Francisco), INSEAD’s business education and research spans three continents.
INSEAD is recruiting for an IT Telecoms Category Manager to join our Global Procurement Department. This is a permanent and full-time position that will be based at our Asia Campus in One-North, Singapore.
Reporting to Global Procurement Director, the successful candidate will partner closely with the IT Department and business stakeholders to plan and implement IT Telecoms category management (hardware, software, telecoms and services categories) and sourcing strategies that are aligned with the overall business objectives of INSEAD. He/She will build strong partnerships to manage demand, current and future roadmaps as well as vendor partnerships. The ideal candidate will lead cross department initiatives that will bring market knowledge, a supplier led innovation mindset and data management/analytical skills to propose and implement value adding changes.
This role will involve a thorough analysis of supplier market trends and spend data; the ability to look at the broader perspective and challenge the status quo with a critical mindset and influencing stakeholders to deliver impactful change management. In addition to the category management role, the successful candidate will also be required to take on some sourcing projects when required.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Conduct market research, analyse data and provide insights on industry trends and future innovation regarding the IT, Telecoms and IT services categories, to ensure good balance in terms of value/quality/requirements to meet INSEAD’s current and future demands of the business.
- Lead category management projects and relevant strategic tenders (RFP/RFQ); while partnering with both external and internal stakeholders to improve pricing and quality of services.
- Create an environment for a high performing team culture that is responsive to internal customer needs, drives compliance and ensures due diligence is performed.
- Manage strategic contracts and license agreements to ensure that obligations are met and the process for tracking renewals or replacement of existing agreements is scalable.
- Work with Procurement Specialist and Administration teams to ensure that market and sector knowledge is shared to improve effectiveness.
- Define and enact relevant category and supplier strategy that links to consolidation and spend reduction targets.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding key performance objectives based on the spend category which includes key financial targets (for e.g., Annual Spend Reduction Target, Purchase Order Use, Internal Customer SLAs and transaction times, Customer and Supplier experience).
Procurement Governance, Compliance and Ethics
- Ensure procurement policies, processes and procedures are adhered to and promote INSEAD’s regulations, governance, ethical and sustainability standards through best practices, to minimize risk and provide a good operational experience to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance processes and controls are in place and up to date with vendors and in particular strategic partners of the category.
Procurement Evolution and Innovation
- Implement a continuous improvement culture, introducing innovation to ensure internal customer and supplier experience, for e.g., self-service and automation, address sustainability agenda and targets.
- Review procurement operational activities and ensure processes are optimised and streamlined.
To be successful in this role, you should have
- A degree, preferably in Procurement, Finance, Business Administration, in addition with a globally recognized professional Procurement accreditation (CIPS, Institute for Supply Management (ISM))
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in Category Management, preferably in IT category, with hands on experience in performing the relevant sourcing work within an enterprise.
- Excellent strategic thinking with strong numerical, analytical skills and financial acumen.
- Executive level presence with high level communications and interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment; proven experience in partnering with Business Leaders and stakeholders.
- Collaborative and positive influencer within Management team, ability to explore all options and then take collective accountability and action.
- Keeps abreast with latest procurement and IT related developments.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and compliance laws and regulations across Europe, Middle East, USA and Singapore.
- Customer oriented and open to working with people from diverse background and culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] quoting reference HR10.