Business Intelligence Technical Lead - Information Technology
Location: Asia Campus, Middle East Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 27 September 2021
Deadline: 11 October 2021
Business Intelligence Technical Lead – Information Technology
Full-time - Permanent – Singapore or Abu Dhabi
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore), the Middle East (Abu Dhabi) and North America (San Francisco), INSEAD’s business education and research spans the world.
INSEAD is proud to announce that it is currently recruiting for the position of Business Intelligence Technical Lead. This is a newly created position within our IT Department and will be a full-time and permanent position based either at our Asia Campus in Singapore or at our Middle East Campus in Abu Dhabi.
The role requires a talented individual who can lead within the IT Department and be the instrumental figure in evolving our data and reporting platforms.
You will oversee all technical execution of Business Intelligence (BI) projects encompassing research, design and implementation of data platforms, data pipelines, data models, reports/dashboards and data-driven applications. This will be an extremely rewarding position who wishes to work in a research-driven business school environment and to mentor a talented team of ETL, QA, Reporting and Data engineers.
Working with other development teams within IT will be critical, as will collaborating with them on planning, coordinating and delivering according to a high-level data roadmap.
The ideal candidate will be able to excel in the following areas of key responsibility:
- Design efficient BI solutions that meet approved requirements and align with the IT and data strategy plan.
- Develop architectural patterns, guidelines, and methods to manage data assets across the data life cycle, from creation or acquisition through archival and purge.
- Integrate data from multiple sources (Cloud and On-Premise) into BI Tools and Reporting Platforms.
- Evaluate new technologies as part of modernizing the data warehousing platform.
- Lead engineering development and ongoing support with Enterprise BI Tools.
To succeed in INSEAD you will need to have a multinational and global mindset, plus the ability to manage and interact with a variety of stakeholders across our 4 worldwide locations. On a technical level, the following requirements are essential to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent
- Data modelling, Talend ETL or Power BI certification
- More than 7 years of technical experience with Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
- Hands-on experience with ETL tools, Talend and SSIS
- Hands-on experience with Dimensional modelling like Datavault, Star or Snowflake
- Experience in designing and implementing ODS, Datawarehouse or Data Mart layers.
- Experience with developing visualisations and reports utilising Power BI which incorporate complex calculations and robust interactive dashboards.
- Hands-on experience with designing the semantic layer for BI Tool, along with queries in SQL and optimization of SQL query performance.
To be considered for this role, please send a copy of your up-to-date CV to [email protected] quoting reference number HR2.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.