Student Researcher (10 Positions)
Department: Faculty & Research
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Internship - Part Time
Contact: Renato Botti at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 22 April 2019
Deadline: 22 May 2019
INSEAD, one of the top business schools in the world, is looking to hire 10 student researchers for a one-month research project in its Asia campus (next to the one-north MRT station). In this project, student researchers will be responsible for evaluating the information & data quality of public websites in China. That is, they will evaluate the ability of local governments to collect, process, organize, and present data by browsing their public websites. Students who meet the following requirements are best suited for the project:
- Native in the Chinese language and familiar with the economic, social, and political systems of mainland China.
- Have had experience collecting, analyzing, organizing, and presenting data.
- Highly responsible, reliable, and attentive to details.
In this project, student researchers are expected work closely with the project manager and Professor Wesley W. Koo at INSEAD. There will be a training session around mid-May prior to the start of the project. During this training, the project manager and Prof. Koo will guide them through examples and introduce key criteria for evaluating public websites. In this month-long project, a student researcher is expected to work remotely for a total of 50-60 hours, spread across four weeks. The compensation is expected to be 600-700 SGD. In the process, student researchers will accumulate useful knowledge in the following areas:
- Learn about academic research in business, entrepreneurship, and data science.
- Understand how organizations make use of data; learn best practices of data management for public usage.
- Gain knowledge of socioeconomics and public administration in China.
Interested students should submit their CVs to email@example.com, stating the title of the position and demonstrate how they meet the above-mentioned three requirements in one paragraph of text. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified. We thank you in advance for your application.