Director, INSEAD San Francisco Hub
Department: Deputy Dean's Office
Location: US based
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 01 August 2022
Deadline: 21 August 2022
As the Business School for the World INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas from around the world to educate leaders who transform business and society. As a mission-driven school, INSEAD focuses on values of respect for diversity, rigor and relevance, and entrepreneurial spirit.
Founded on a commitment to innovation in management education, INSEAD was the first international business school, introduced the first one-year MBA, pioneered company specific executive education, and has developed a unique fully integrated multi-continent campus structure. In February 2020, the school inaugurated its latest location in San Francisco with the opening of its Hub for Business Innovation.
The Hub Director is a critical position for INSEAD’s expanding activities in the Americas and serves as an Ambassador, an Organizational Orchestrator and a Strategic Innovator. This is a senior position within INSEAD and will be based at our San Francisco Hub located in the downtown Bay Area.
- This role is the face of INSEAD at the San Francisco Hub and across the Bay Area ecosystem, as well as being a key representative of the school in the Americas. The Director will identify and cultivate relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders from donors and alumni community leaders to tech companies and local government.
- The Hub Director needs to coordinate across all major departments (Executive Education, Degree Programmes, Faculty, Research, Alumni & Advancement, Finance and Institutional Communications) to deliver the Hub value proposition to key stakeholders from executive participants and degree programme students to visiting INSEAD faculty and alumni.
- The Hub value proposition is still a work in progress. The Hub Director plays a key role in monitoring feedback on the strategy and its execution, while surfacing ideas for innovation and further elaboration.
Here are some key activities within these domains:
The Hub Director will support INSEAD Faculty in pursing R&D projects linked to the Bay Area ecosystem including identifying case writing opportunities and access to data for research.
Strong Alumni engagement initiatives in partnership with local and national alumni associations and clubs, including the hosting of alumni events will be an important part of the role to maximise the visibility and connections of the SF Hub in the Bay Area.
There is the possibility to elaborate the responsibilities of the position based on the interests and capabilities of the successful applicant.
The successful candidate will possess:
- At least eight years of professional experience.
- Flexibility in working hours. The Director needs to be available to host occasional evening events at the Hub and work with colleagues based in Singapore and France.
- Applicants should be legally authorised to work in the United States.
- Applicants with professional experience in the Bay Area and in the technology sector are highly desirable.
- Existing familiarity with INSEAD will be highly desirable.
- Interest and experience in management/business education.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] quoting reference HR9 in the subject title.