Global Director, Online Masters in Business and Data Analytics
Department: Degree Programmes & Curriculum
Location: Asia Campus, Europe Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 17 November 2021
Deadline: 16 December 2021
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With a presence in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore) the Middle East (Abu Dhabi), and North America (San Francisco) INSEAD’s business education and research spans three continents
We are currently looking for a suitable candidate to join the Degree Programmes (DP) leadership team as Global Director, Online Masters in Business and Data Analytics (MBDA) to be based either on our Asia or Europe campus. The Global Director, Online MBDA will be responsible for the launch and roll-out of the new INSEAD Online MBDA. This programme is a first for INSEAD and it will target a new segment of post-graduate wishing to study almost exclusively online and through digital delivery.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Degree Programmes, the ideal candidate will have proven success leading instructional design, development, and production initiatives. They should have experience in evaluation, assessment and recommendation of educational related products and systems, and strong familiarity with advanced media production and processes that ensure accurate, high-quality, and pedagogically-sound deliverables. Familiarity with learning platforms especially Canvas is a major plus.
The Global Director, Online MBDA will be the main point-of-contact in leading MBDA strategy and building stakeholder engagement across the different DP functions involved in the MBDA.
The MBDA class will be recruited from many different countries (across different time zones) around the world and the MBDA students will spend the entirety (with a possible one-time on-campus experience) online. Thus, this role will be operationally complex and require an international outlook and experience in creating, delivering, and maintaining engagement and completion rates for an online programme.
The Global Director, Online MBDA will be vital to the creation and execution ensuring seamless collaboration to ensure the programme is delivered successfully and it will encompass the following key responsibilities:
Strategy and Operational Management
- Lead the continued development and delivery of a 3-year strategy and business plan to launch the MBDA programme and grow to scale.
- Lead and manage the department to financial revenues are achieved and that costs are managed carefully within pre-agreed budgets.
Programme Management and Student Experience
- Support the Dean of Degree Programmes and the Curriculum Committee with curriculum design, faculty liaising, course scheduling, planning and staffing.
- Lead the delivery of a world-class learning experience for all MBDA students.
- Present and champion the curriculum including issues such as course requirements, grading, assignments, and projects.
- Serve as the programme representative for the MBDA diploma committee and manage all communication with students.
- Lead the pastoral care for all MBDA students, providing mentorship, counselling, and intervention where necessary.
- Carefully manage the transition to alumni status, ensuring that the school retains an ongoing relationship with each student.
Technology and Digital Experience
- Keep abreast of best practices and new interactive technologies to increase student learning and engagement, and advises faculty, the online advisory team and college administrators on their implementation for improvement of current online operations.
- Use experience with learning management systems (identifying new projects and integration) and understands latest business software/platforms (and GDPR, Legal, and Procurement issues).
- Understand market knowledge and ensure programme and delivery is ahead of the curve to provide value to employers.
- Prepare course reports for faculty providing feedback and suggestions on improving online course delivery.
- Assist faculty with course updates and ongoing functionality in the LMS.
- Identify, create, and implement innovative student retention initiatives for online students.
- Create, maintain, and update online resource hub for students.
Department Leadership and Institutional Contribution
- Participate actively, thoughtfully and collaboratively in the degree programme leadership team, contributing to the overall performance of the degree programme department and wider institution.
- Consistently support, exemplify and promote INSEAD’s global brand, mission, vision and values.
Professional Experience and Education
- Bachelors degree or an Advanced degree (Masters, MBA, PhD).
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in leading and delivering online programmes in the higher education industry. Business school experience would be an added plus.
- Strong domain expertise in online learning and higher education. Extensive experience in developing or consulting related to online learning technology solutions.
- Possess in-depth and hands-on experience in learning management systems for programme delivery. Experience with Canvas will be a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience and success in a strategic or managerial role related to online learning, in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Proven collaborator in a highly matrixed environment (faculty, staff, and administrators) to drive successful outcomes.
- Possess a strong ability to influence, motivate and inspire across the organization. Collaborative mindset with a track record of results.
- Independent with ability to juggle multiple priorities; self-directed and motivated
- Innovative leader with ability to analyse and think strategically, combined with understanding of day-to-day operations and ability to execute.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Fluent in English. Other languages (particularly French) would be an advantage.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] quoting reference HR11.