Financial Planning and Analysis, Business Partner
Department: Dean's Office
Location: Asia Campus, Europe Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 22 December 2022
Deadline: 22 January 2023
Financial Planning and Analysis Business Partner
Full-time – Permanent – Open to be based in Singapore or Fontainebleau (France)
Reporting to the centralised Dean’s Office and supporting different departments within INSEAD, a position has become available for a Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Business Partner.
This is a full-time and permanent position. We are open to having this role based at either our Europe Campus in Fontainebleau (France) or at our Asia Campus in one-north, Singapore.
The FP&A Business Partner is a unique position that works alongside selected departments within INSEAD to oversee all Financial Planning functions like budget, forecasting, long-term planning and financial modelling. The FP&A Business Partner also leads financial reporting for the relevant department and provides support around financial operations.
Overall, the FP&A Business Partner contributes to a strong Financial Planning and Analysis function that provides INSEAD’s leadership with powerful data driven support and analysis for strategic decision making.
More detailed responsibilities will include:
- Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Expenses budgeting and forecasting.
- Revenue projections for forecasts and budget.
- Budget processes and guidelines.
- Financial Analysis and Management Reporting
- Developing relevant and structured financial analysis and management reporting to support business decisions and effective allocation of resources.
- Working with stakeholders to define and track key performance indicators and metrics.
- Control and Compliance
- Advising the department on effective cost and resource management.
- Control of specific expense items to ensure budget conformity or compliance with policy.
- Working with other areas of the business to ensure strong controls and best practice policies and procedures.
This role requires a deep understanding of INSEAD’s business environment, structure and process-orientation. It also requires effective internal stakeholder management skills as well as experience in budgeting, financial planning & analysis.
To excel in the role you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence/Financial Planning software and tools.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and procedures, laws, rules and compliance.
- Experience in service industry, government, education or academic institutions or equivalent experience in the not-for-profit sector preferable.
- Exposure to a variety of stakeholders in international and multi-cultural work contexts in private or non-private institutions.
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent.
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external stakeholders of various backgrounds.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capability.
- A positive mind-set with a strong capability to build internal partnerships.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your CV and cover letter (in ENGLISH) to [email protected] with the subject title “FP&A Business Partner”.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.