Finance Business Partner, Advancement and Alumni Relations (Financial Controller)
Department: Dean's Office
Location: Asia Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 30 May 2019
Deadline: 21 June 2019
Finance Business Partner, Advancement and Alumni Relations
Full-time – Permanent – Open to be based in Singapore or Fontainebleau (France)
Employed from the Dean’s Office but based within and supporting the Department for Advancement and Alumni Relations, a position has become available for a Finance Business partner.
The Finance Business Partner is a unique position that works alongside the Advancement Department to oversee all control functions like budget, forecasting and long term planning. By doing so, the Advancement Team is able to use this support, analysis and reporting to develop and implement strategies for the growth of fundraising revenues. The Business Partner also leads financial reporting around INSEAD’s fundraising campaign and provides support around financial operations.
Overall, the Finance Business Partner Advancement contributes to a strong Financial Planning and Analysis function that provides INSEAD’s leadership with powerful data driven support and analysis for strategic decision making.
More detailed responsibilities will include:
- Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Expenses budgeting and forecasting.
- Revenue projections.
- Budget processes and guidelines.
- Financial Analysis and Management Reporting
- Developing relevant and structured financial analysis and management reporting to support business decisions and effective allocation of resources.
- Working with Advancement to define and track key performance indicators and metrics.
- Control and Compliance
- Advising the department on effective cost and resource management.
- Control of specific expense items to ensure budget conformity or compliance with policy.
- Working with other areas of the business to ensure strong controls and best practice policies and procedures.
This role requires a deep understanding of INSEAD’s business environment, structure and process-orientation. It also requires effective internal stakeholder management skills and experience in budgeting, financial planning & analysis.
To excel in the role you will need:
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence/Financial Planning software and databases.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and procedures, laws, rules and compliance.
- Experience in service industry, government, education or academic institutions or equivalent experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Exposure to a variety of stakeholders in international and multi-cultural work contexts in private or non-private institutions.
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent.
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external stakeholders of various backgrounds.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capability.
- A positive mind-set with a strong capability to build internal partnerships.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter (in English) by e-mail to email@example.com quoting reference HR2.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.