Finance Systems Manager
Location: Europe Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Europe at [email protected]
Posted on: 22 November 2022
Deadline: 22 December 2022
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures, and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore), Middle East (Abu Dhabi) and North America (San Francisco), INSEAD’s business education and research spans three continents.
We are currently looking for you to join our Finance Team as a Finance Systems Manager. In this role you report to the Global Accounting Director. The Finance Systems Manager oversees the Financial System globally from a functional point of view, with close interactions with IT and other business systems administrators. The position will be on a permanent, full-time basis, hybrid working model is in place, is it based on our Europe campus in Fontainebleau.
- Responsible for administrating financial applications and integrations, with the support of IT and external providers.
- Respond to user application issues and enhancement requests, work with vendor support organizations as appropriate.
- Carry out financial system changes, including access and configuration changes, ensuring the appropriate level of approvals in accordance with internal policies.
- Point of contact for other systems used by Finance but administered by other teams (billing systems, reporting, etc).
- Key Finance contact in IT project management.
- Lead systems improvements, and support Finance team’s needs.
- Coordinate functional design and testing during new financial systems implementations, carry out post go-live support and future enhancement projects.
- Provide support during closing activities (monthly, half year and year-end), such as open/close periods, assistance on reports, issue controls reports (unposted journals, journals in error, etc).
- Provide support for annual audit (generating reports, developing documentation, performing completeness and accuracy checks).
- Participate to various IT working groups.
Systems documentation and training:
- Maintain functional documentation for financial applications.
- Develop educational and training materials for users.
- Deliver systems training sessions as needed.
- A bachelor’s or master's degree, either in the field of Accounting/Finance/Taxes or in the field of Information Technology/Project Management
- Minimum of 4-5 years relevant work experience, preferably in a similar project management position, respectively as a “MOA” (maître d'ouvrage in French). Previous systems administration experience is a plus
- Solid working knowledge of accounting principles and processes
- Understanding of internal system controls, roles, and user permissions
- Ability to learn new systems and technologies and stay informed of technology changes
- Technical systems knowledge - especially in the areas of INSEAD systems infrastructure (Oracle, PeopleSoft, Concur, Basware) or similar tools
- Experience creating technical documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively
- Exceptional problem solving, task management, and analytical skills
- Ability to build strong relationships across cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
If this sounds like the right role for you, please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.