Experience Data Coordinator
Department: Degree Programmes & Curriculum
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 28 July 2022
Deadline: 20 August 2022
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore) and Abu Dhabi, INSEAD’s business education and research spans three continents.
We are hiring for an Experience Data Coordinator to join our Career Development Centre (CDC). This is a full-time permanent position to be based in our Asia campus in Singapore.
The CDC provides career opportunities to our INSEAD graduates and working professionals by liaising with companies and organisations globally.
Key Responsibilities include:
Internal Platform administration duties
Administration of the inhouse portal used by Students and Recruiters for Events and Jobs to include the following:
- Data Management (clean-up of contact data before a mailing, management of undelivered emails after a mailing, archiving accounts) including when necessary, validating incoming account requests and job postings from recruiters
- Upload Job postings into the portal for students to apply
- xtract and prepare reports for the team related to the data within the portal
- Provide guidance to the team on new event setup and use of functionality
- Provide Level 1 troubleshooting on the separate Student and Recruiter interfaces for issues encountered by stakeholders
- Work closely with the IT Business Partner and overtime provide Super User support for the portal on trouble shooting system bugs, escalating to the platform support ‘Symplicity’ and testing any new upgrades or features rolled out by ‘Symplicity’
- Train new team members on using the portal
- Design and build surveys to collect students’ and participants’ data (e.g., preferences, engagement), workshop outcomes, recruiters’ satisfaction and for other such similar quality analytics
- Analyze user data (e.g., click rates, survey responses, sign-up rates), draw conclusions, and produce recommendations for internal stakeholders on outcomes
- Maintain appropriate records (e.g., tracking files) to support management reporting
- Provide timely, relevant, and accurate regular reports and analysis of the results
- Provide analytical support to various CDC Functions
Co-ordination of Annual Employment Statistics
Collect and analyse employment data and work with the Data Intelligence Manager to produce the annual Employment Statistics and they include the following:
- Setup Qualtrics survey
- Extract, clean and analyse data at Graduation
- Provide Follow-up and reminders at 3 or 6-months out
- Extract, clean and analyse data 3 or 6-months after graduation to produce the final employment statistics
Career Development Centre (CDC) Internal Systems Platform Development and Management
- Identify Team/Client problems and working with the IT Business Partner process map and analyze the client problems/specifications and create a plan for necessary developments or new versions of existing applications/systems
- Understand the following platforms to support questions from students regarding the navigation of CDC platforms: CareerGlobe, TimeEdit, Learning Management System, Sign up Genius, Activities Calendar and Sharepoint
- Contribute to CDC IT projects or IT projects that involve CDC from development phase through to implementation
- As and when needed, work on internal ad-hoc projects according to business needs
- Bachelor degree holder with at least one year’s work experience preferably in a data analytics function.
- Passion for working with data and new systems, highly curious to understand and find out how to best put together data from different sources/systems to analyze issues and draw conclusions.
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite, especially Excel.
- Good team player.
- Very detailed oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Those with experience working in an international environment will be preferred.
To be considered for this role please send your CV to the Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected] quoting reference HR4