Executive Editor / Speechwriter
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 12 November 2020
Deadline: 06 December 2020
Executive Editor (Speechwriter), Communications
Full-time – Permanent –Singapore Campus
INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to develop responsible leaders who transform business and society. As a mission-driven school, INSEAD focuses on the core values of diversity, independence, rigour and relevance, entrepreneurial spirit and closeness to business. Founded on a commitment to innovation in management education, INSEAD was the first international business school, introduced the first one-year MBA, pioneered company specific executive education, and has developed a unique fully integrated multi-continent campus structure. Today, no more than 10% of the incoming MBA class comes from one country – we truly are the Business School for the World.
We are excited to launch the position of Executive Editor / Speechwriter to join our Communications team on a permanent and full time basis. This role will work closely with the Dean of INSEAD, as well as our Chief Communications Officer, to draft and deliver high profile communications for the school. The ideal candidate will have sole responsibility to create and promote content based on events, seminars and case studies at INSEAD to show case the knowledge being created at the school in all its forms and to act as the voice of the Dean and the school. They will be involved in the key areas of messages from the Dean to the school community, drafting thought leadership speeches for the Dean, and the management of our crisis communications.
Key Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Creating and delivering content on behalf of the Dean’s Office through established communications processes and networks.
- Designing centralised communication processes to assist with the management of crisis communications.
- Managing, writing, editing and producing key external communications like Annual Reports, keynote speeches and outlines.
- Ensuring that the Dean’s communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organisation’s strategic vision.
- Managing the Dean’s social media outlets.
- Developing the Dean’s editorial calendar and enforcing deadlines for copy.
- Acting as the main strategic support to the Dean, the Dean’s office and the INSEAD Executive Committee for all writing, editing, announcement, speech and key messages needs.
The ideal candidate should have the following profile:
- Experience in speech writing, journalism, or and communication in an international environment or large organization
- Outstanding writing and editing skills in English
- Proficient with social media and media outreach globally
- Excellent experience with digital and social medial channels
- Excellent interpersonal communications as well as diplomatic and active listening skills
- A passion for the mission of INSEAD and its values
- Good team playing skills and cross-cultural understanding
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume, cover letter and an example of your writing (in English) to the Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected] quoting reference HR3 in the subject line.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified