Director of Advancement and Institutional Events
Location: Europe Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 06 May 2021
Deadline: 27 May 2021
INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas from around the world to educate leaders who transform business and society. As a mission-driven school, INSEAD focuses on three values: open, rigorous, and entrepreneurial. Founded on a commitment to innovation in management education, INSEAD was the first international business school, introduced the first one-year MBA, pioneered company specific executive education, and has developed a unique fully integrated multi-continent campus structure. Today, no more than 10% of the incoming MBA class comes from one country – we truly are the Business School for the World.
We are currently looking for a Director of Advancement and Institutional Events to join our Advancement department in our Fontainebleau campus. This a full-time, permanent contract.
Job Purpose / Summary:
Reporting to the Senior Director of Alumni Relations, and in close collaboration with various teams across Advancement and the school, The Director of Advancement and Institutional Events is responsible for leading and executing the operations for Advancement events and select high-profile institutional events in support of INSEAD’s ambitious alumni engagement, fundraising and external relations objectives. The Director will lead and manage the Advancement and Institutional Events team, who together with each event owner, will produce high-quality, impactful in-person, hybrid and online events/meetings with a special focus on participant satisfaction, operational efficiency and return on investment. The Director and his/her team will also serve as an advisor and thought partner across the school to provide strategic and innovative guidance on event management and organization as needed.
- Lead and oversee the execution of the operations for all online, hybrid and in-person Advancement events (50+ annually), including but not limited to alumni reunions, alumni forums, lifelong learning programmes, campaign events, donor appreciation/cultivation events, volunteer meetings etc.
- Lead and oversee the execution of the operations for select online, hybrid and in-person institutional events.
- Serve as the lead/owner of the Advancement and Institutional (only highest profile events approved by the Dean) annual events strategy and calendar, working closely with the various event owners each year on the conceptualization of the events and delivering a well orchestrated schedule of events.
- Manage the annual process of securing the necessary budgets for each event and global oversight of the Advancement and Institutional events budget.
- Together with the team, ensure all events meet INSEAD’s brand guidelines and are aligned with the school’s vision and mission.
- Lead, manage and coach the members of the Advancement and Institutional events team, helping them innovate, grow and meet their full potential as events professionals.
- Serve as an advisor and thought partner across the school to provide strategic advice, standard operating procedures and best practices on school-wide events as/when needed.
- Manage the Deans’ involvement in each event as/when necessary
- In close collaboration with the Operations Team and IT play an active role in Advancement’s digital transformation, including but not limited to ensuring event participation data is up-to-date in PeopleSoft and supporting on Advancement’s migration to Salesforce and the possible introduction of a new tool to manage event registration.
- Work closely with the heads of Development to identify opportunities to leverage events to meet INSEAD’s ambitious fundraising objectives.
- Work closely with Procurement to ensure an effective call for tender process if followed with each supplier/vendor and manage relationships with external events companies as/when needed
- Work closely with the Legal team to ensure the compliance with French fire and safety regulations for public venues (ERP) and ensuring each supplier/vendor/staff/guest complies with ERP regulations.
- Manage relationships with French authorities as/when needed prior, during or after holding an event.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of experience in managing/organizing high-profile events, preferably in a business setting
- 7+ years of experience in managing diverse people/teams
- Significant experience in managing content-rich events with faculty and high-level speakers
- Deep understanding of fundraising and supporter engagement
- Experience in working with and managing volunteers
- Strong level of comfort with technologies such as event registration systems (i.e. Eventbrite, Cvent), online event platforms (i.e. Zoom, Gevme, Whova)
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills; demonstrated ability to influence and lead diverse and demanding constituencies and stakeholders
- Demonstrated initiative, creative energy, and ability to manage complex projects and programmes in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical and strategic thinking capabilities with strong planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Business Objects, or other CRM & fundraising systems are a plus
- Knowledge of digital marketing and social media
- Comfortable with numbers, reporting, budget management
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to manage change
- High level of integrity and discretion
- Maturity, intelligence and professionalism that earn the respect of colleagues
- Collaborative and great at working in teams
- Flexible, adaptable, and happy to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent in English and French
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Talent Acquisition Europe at [email protected]