Location: Europe Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Europe at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 23 September 2019
Deadline: 05 October 2019
Philanthropic relationships with individuals and organizations are critical to supporting excellence and academic innovation through teaching and research at INSEAD, and the Advancement team recently launched the public phase of their fundraising Campaign: A Force for Good with over 60% secured against their target. At this exciting time to join the team, INSEAD are seeking a Development Manager, Reunion and Leadership Giving to further their philanthropic engagement efforts (permanent position, full time based in our Europe Campus).
Reporting to the Senior Director, Development, you will be responsible for planning and executing fundraising efforts for assigned classes, managing volunteer committees and working closely with Advancement colleagues and alumni leaders to maximize participation and total giving.
The Development Manager achieves annual fundraising goals tied to specific reunion classes, developing and implementing class-wide fundraising plans and individual prospect strategies. The Manager attends assigned Alumni Reunion Weekend events and travels occasionally over the course of the year to recruit, coordinate, solicit, and steward volunteers, donors, and prospective supporters.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following profile:
- Minimum 3-5 years in fundraising and/or volunteer management, preferably in an educational institution, or in educational administration capacity.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and vocabulary of fundraising and volunteer management
- Effective public-speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually, manage multiple projects, and handle difficult situations with flexibility and a sense of humor
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with success writing fundraising materials
- Fluency in English required; good knowledge of French preferred
- Highly organized, detail oriented and efficient with ability to produce clear documentation
- Keenness to work in a diverse, multi-cultural, global environment and ability to deal effectively and politely with people from all types of backgrounds and in a variety of difficult situations
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter (in English)
to Talent Acquisition Europe
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and valid working papers are mandatory.