Director of Corporate Partnerships
Department: Executive Education
Location: Asia Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 09 May 2022
Deadline: 31 May 2022
Director of Corporate Partnerships
Full Time - Permanent - Based in Singapore
As the Business School for the World, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas from around the world to change lives and transform organisations. The unique global perspective and multicultural diversity of INSEAD are reflected in all aspects of its research and teaching. INSEAD is also a pioneer in Executive Education: our open and customised programmes bring together companies from all over the world who wish to provide the best possible training to their executives and give them a leading edge over the competition.
Within the Executive Education department of INSEAD, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Director of Corporate Partnerships to join us on a full-time permanent basis at our Asia Campus in Singapore.
This is a key role within INSEAD and would be responsible for growing our customised and open enrolment programmes through sales and business development activities. For this role, the territory would primarily be predominantly companies and organisations based in Singapore and other APAC regions. The territories may change according to business needs. As a Director of Corporate Partnerships you will need to develop new and existing company accounts, identify potential new clients, influence key stakeholders and close sales. Experience in learning design is a plus as you will also support faculty in designing the proposed programmes.
This is a key role whereby you are the trusted advisor for clients and faculty. Our programmes are complex products that require a consultative approach to both understand the needs of our clients and to tailor suitable packages. It will require somebody skilled at developing relationships and a strong background in “solution selling”.
To succeed in the role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience in sales or business development in B2B ideally within the education sector but this is not essential. For candidates coming from outside education we would consider those who have experience building relationships with HR and/or Learning & Development leaders as these are our primary client contacts. Experience in working in the Asia Pacific / AusNZ region is preferable, as is ability in Asian languages.
- A proven ability to develop trusting relationship with senior leaders in business development.
- A consultative sales approach and experience dealing with highly complex and customizable products.
- An ability to identify business opportunities, identify clients’ needs and sell solutions to senior executives as well as a “hands-on” ability to personally close sales.
- The Director also works with ongoing clients and will need to manage the relationship and programmes end to end.
- Team player and skills to collaborate with multiple stakeholders with shared accountability in a fast-paced, high energy, often ambiguous complex environment.
- Experience in proposal writing and working with various subject matter experts feeding into the proposals would be beneficial as well as learning design capabilities.
- Travel will form a part of this role so you must be able to travel approximately 20% of your time or more.
- Management experience a plus.
- Good educational background with a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree level.
If this sounds like the right role for you, please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] quoting reference HR6.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.