Content & Communications Manager
Department: Hoffmann Global Institute for Business & Society
Location: Asia Campus
Status: Non Manager
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at [email protected]
Posted on: 26 April 2022
Deadline: 14 May 2022
As one of the world’s leading and largest graduate business schools, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas to change lives and to transform organisations. A global perspective and cultural diversity are reflected in all aspects of our research and teaching. With campuses in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore), Middle East (Abu Dhabi) and North America (San Francisco), INSEAD’s business education and research spans four continents.
INSEAD is currently looking to hire a Content & Communications Manager to join our Hoffmann Global Institute for Business & Society (HGIBS) department. This is a permanent and full-time position that will be based at our Asia Campus in One-North, Singapore.
Reporting to the Associate Director HGIBS Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Institute’s overall communication strategy and social media presence. Working closely with the HGIBS team, the candidate will manage the Institute’s content outreach in order to pitch and secure quality coverage, and subsequently promote coverage achievements both internally and externally.
To raise awareness of the Institute’s activities and impact you will be responsible for:
- Managing the content calendar for the year, inclusive of crafting stories, social media posts, reports, and taking into account major international days and internal and external events
- Creating new and re-purposing existing content, and promoting content from other institutional bodies where possible
- Planning Communications strategy across all HGIBS platforms, taking into account previous year’s performance and areas of improvement, and leveraging on upcoming opportunities
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Excel in writing and publishing
- Have strong ability to pitch and promote complex content to the broader public
- Be capable of understanding academic research and identifying story angles
- Be detail-oriented, creative and interested in Business and Society themes.
- Be able to and be familiar with working in global teams and remotely.
- Have a desire and interest to experiment with different types of content forms
Education: University degree, preferably in liberal arts with working knowledge of economics and business (understanding business terminology).
Work Experience: At least 5-8 years’ experience as a journalist/ editor/ producer with an international news organisation, online content portal or publication. Background in business news journalism, public relations, public relations consulting, social media or online content helpful; ability to work well and accurately under pressure/ deadlines and ability to work independently and remotely.
Technical know-how: Strong writing/ editing skills. Project management.
Tools Used: Asana, Meltwater, Microsoft Planner, Teams, Social Media Channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
- Team player
- Resourceful/ self-starter
- Knowledge of academia/key trends
- Able to summarise/distil complex issues
- Observational/Analytical/Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently/under pressure
- Service/relationship management
- Passion for Impact
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] quoting reference HR1.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.