INSEAD Director of San Francisco Center
Department: Dean's Office
Location: US based
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on: 27 November 2018
Deadline: 31 December 2018
INSEAD Director of San Francisco Center
Permanent Full-Time role, based in central San Francisco
INSEAD – the Business School for the world - brings together people, cultures and ideas from around the world to educate leaders who transform business and society. As a mission-driven school, INSEAD focuses on three values: open, rigorous, and entrepreneurial. Founded on a commitment to innovation in management education, INSEAD was the first international business school, introduced the first one-year MBA, pioneered company specific executive education, and has developed a unique fully integrated multi-continent campus structure.
INSEAD is thinking, teaching and connecting on a global level. In order to match that global mindset we are expanding our physical presence by establishing a new Center in the US.
This new space will represent the next step in making INSEAD into a truly global business school dedicated to transformation for good - transforming people, transforming business and transforming the world. INSEAD is opening its doors in Silicon Valley to bring a global perspective to the technology sector and to bring the Silicon Valley’s lessons and insights to the world.
Our new facility will open in Summer/Fall 2019, and we are seeking to recruit an alumnus / alumna from the local area (SF-Bay Area) to represent the school and be the face of INSEAD on the West Coast. The Director will start 6 months before the first teaching session to allow them to start promoting the INSEAD brand locally and help the school organize classes in the new facility. This is an extremely exciting position: not only is it an opportunity to represent the world’s leading business school during its entry into North America, but it is also an excellent platform for networking with leading thinkers in the SF-Bay Area.
The successful candidate should have outstanding outreach and collaboration skills. The Director will be responsible for making sure the facility is being utilized in the best manner to serve all the various constituencies who will make use of the space; this includes executives, alumni, MBAs, faculty, staff, sponsors/donors, etc. Other critical aspects will involve balancing the needs of the different groups and ensuring the facility reflects INSEAD’s values and mission. All of this will be critical for our new Center and the new Center Director to be successful.
- Integrate INSEAD SF with the local ecosystem. Establish relationships with local companies in service of our Executive Education and Degree Programmes departments, plus research, corporate sponsorship and guest speakers.
- Serve as primary liaison with local government agencies.
- Assure coordination across departments on both execution and continued innovation on the concept. Understand needs of local customers and help the INSEAD departments to develop offerings tailored to the US market.
- Drive the development of the INSEAD brand in San Francisco and Silicon Valley by exploring opportunities to host local events and workshops to drive traffic and visibility. Represent INSEAD at events and forums on the West Coast.
- Support the recruitment and management of local employees. Develop a strong culture in terms of collaboration and alignment with INSEAD values.
- Manage relations with local alumni associations including the hosting of alumni events.
- Support the Advancement team in cultivating prospects and stewarding donors.
- Monitor strategy execution including the overall financial contribution of INSEAD San Francisco and contribute to evolution in the strategy.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- 5 - 10 years of working experience with at least 2+ years of experience in a similar role. In lieu of this experience we may consider INSEAD alumnus / alumna who are familiar with INSEAD.
- Have confidence in managing senior stakeholders and clients.
- Ability and experience in organizing events and contributing to the relevant communications.
- Experience in the US is essential and ideally experienced working in the Bay Area.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter in English to the Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com quoting reference HR8.