Associate Director Legal Counsel
Department: Dean's Office
Location: Europe Campus
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
Contact: Talent Acquisition Europe at [email protected]
Posted on: 22 February 2021
Deadline: 12 March 2021
INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas from around the world to educate leaders who transform business and society. As a mission-driven school, INSEAD focuses on three values: open, rigorous, and entrepreneurial. Founded on a commitment to innovation in management education, INSEAD was the first international business school, introduced the first one-year MBA, pioneered company specific executive education, and has developed a unique fully integrated multi-continent campus structure. Today, no more than 10% of the incoming MBA class comes from one country – we truly are the Business School for the World.
The Legal Department of INSEAD is looking for an Associate Director - Legal Counsel.
Permanent, full time contract, starting as soon as possible and based in Fontainebleau (40 minutes direct train from Paris and shuttle to the campus); (partial) remote work as per internal rules and current government regulations
Activities & responsibilities
Reporting to the Global Director of Legal Affairs, the position holder provides his/her legal expertise in business law for INSEAD in France and in all its representations abroad, providing legal advice and contract negotiation to all departments of the School.
The role includes:
- Negotiation of a variety of contracts including commercial agreements, research agreements, sponsorships and gifts as well as institutional partnerships;
- Support to departments in daily operations as business partner;
- Support to the Data Protection Officer on privacy matters;
- Management of institutional policies, general terms and conditions and templates;
- Management of external counsels and litigations;
- Provide ad hoc legal advice and internal trainings.
The role requires a good understanding of the complex operational structures of the school, diligence and process-orientation as well as effective stakeholder management skills and a good knowledge of contract law, digital law, intellectual property law and privacy law. It may involve collaboration with (external) experts, consultants and regulatory bodies.
The ideal candidate should have the following profile:
- Work experience of a minimum of 5-7 years in a similar position,
- Experience in a law firm is a plus
- Experience in digital or service industry, education, or equivalent experience in the not-forprofit sector is beneficial
- Experience in multi-location missions, teams or operations across countries and regions is beneficial
- Exposure to a variety of stakeholders in international and multi-cultural work contexts in private or non-private institutions is beneficial
- Experience in compliance such as privacy matters a plus
- Have a higher education diploma in Business Law/Contract Law/Digital Law (Master’s Degree), ideally completed by a foreign law degree (such as an LLM)
- Strong stakeholder management skills and capability to interact with internal and external stakeholders of various backgrounds and expertise
- Very analytical, proactive with a high sense of customer service,
- Positive mind-set with a strong capability to build internal partnerships
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a good team spirit, while being autonomous
- Highest level of integrity and sound independent judgement
- Have strong computer skills
- Excellent English level (written and spoken) with practice in writing and negotiating in an international environment, as English is the main language used at INSEAD
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter (in English) to Talent Acquisition Europe at [email protected]